Question Multiple GPUS on different apps

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
I have an RX 570 that I have been using to mine recently, just for fun, and I want to use my gpu for gaming/mining, and use my integrated graphics (vega 8, ryzen 3 2200g) for lightweight games or my browser so that I can mine in the background if possible. I have gotten as far as having a monitor connected to my gpu and a monitor connected through my motherboard hdmi. I changed some bios settings to get this to work, but when I go to graphics options inside windows to change apps from high performance to "power saving" (iGPU) the power saving option still uses my rx 570. Anyway to change this?

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
does the Adrenaline software recognize both GPUs?
you should be able to set different options for each if it does.

with Windows' Power Options the options set in the individual plans will usually affect the entire operating system, not just a single GPU.
Yes, Adrenaline detects both gpus, I just can't seem to figure out a way to select which one to use for certain programs. Even if i can use my rx 570, start mining, and switch to using only my igpu, that's fine

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
I can select which display to use per program, and that will change which gpu it uses, but I dont want every thing on my second display and also some games like valorant don't even launch using this method

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
may just not be possible with this motherboard.
maybe try asking on the motherboard manufacturer's support forums or through their tech support directly.
I was able to launch and play valorant on the igpu while the rx 570 was still working on the system, i think i just need the software to allow me to use programs easily with either rx 570 or vega 8

TRENDING THREADS