Question Multiple Graphics and USB issues

dertz8

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Hi everyone and thank you in advance, I recently built a new PC, I transferred over my RTX 2070 which was working fine in my old system, However now Whenever I try to play a games the system stutters and closes without an error window. Graphics for everyday use is unaffected. I also am hearing USB devices continuously connect and disconnect.

At first I thought it might be a faulty PSU so I replaced that, Next I though my GPU was failing and I RMA'd that. A month later I received a replacement and the issues seem worse. I also replaced my motherboard out of frustration. I am currently at my wits end and am completely out of Ideas.

Memtest64 with no errors, When I try to run Furmark is just stutters and crashes,

Did I receive a 2nd faulty GPU? Does this somehow connect with the constantly connect and disconnecting usb ports?

Thank you for any advice and help!

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2600x

MOBO: MSI x370 gaming plus

Mem:16gb Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4

GPU: MSI Rtx 2070

SSD: Sansung Evo 1tb

HD: WD ED10

dertz8

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
I did not, I did a clean install of the graphics drivers, I will do a clean install of windows tonight

The previous PSU was a Corsair RM Series RM1000 CP-9020062-NA 1000 Watt PSU which I pulled over from an FX9590 which I thought was alittle overkill for the new build, I replaced that with a
CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x which has not made any noticeable differnce

dertz8

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
I did a fresh install of windows, No change so Recapping

RMA'd GTX 2070
Replaced PSU
Replaced MOBO
Fresh install of windows
Reran Memtest ... It was fine

I feel like it's back to the RMA process which sucks as it takes MSI about a month to get a card back to you