bsp1983

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
I'm a little bit at my wit's end and don't know where to turn exactly before throwing this thing out the window, so here I am ready to ask questions while providing more detail than necessary to help paint the picture.

I built this tower part-for-part in 2016 roughly: Intel i7-6800K, Asus X99-AII mobo, GTX 1070, 32GB RAM 2444 MHz, Zalman H1 case, Corsair CX850M PSU. a few WD Black drives of varying sizes, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB's. I do audio work mainly with some video on the side, and gaming is a distant 2nd. In October 2018, the GPU was louder than normal one night, and I shut it off thinking "safe" but the following day, the GTX 1070 blew a fireball in a friends' face and the electrical sizzle sound right after was a sign everything was toast.

2 months later, I bought a Ryzen 5 2600 with an MSI X470 board (gaming plus). RMA'd my GPU 3 times with EVGA. Replaced all 24TB of lost storage with bare essential to get back to basic work. Replaced CX850M with EVGA 850 GQ. Replaced old RAM with 2x16 Corsair Vengeance 2666 GHz. But with the case, I've lost both USB 3.0 ports and both the USB 2.0 ports function with lesser things (gaming controllers, external HDD reading vs. writing/transferring to another drive).

I've gone through more than a year and a half almost now with this, including upgrading to Ryzen 9 3900. And here I am...

During my typical operation of Windows 10, at random, either my dual screen setup will start to flicker for a couple seconds and revert to single display on my smaller screen (via DisplayPort adapter with HDMI, not the standard HDMI port), sometimes my screens just go completely black with a flashing mouse, sometimes I get automatically logged out of Windows 10 and can't log back in without a restart, or the login screen flickers as well. Often I am encountering BSoD's on levels I've NEVER had them (a few days this year, had 10 in one day somehow). After a reboot (soft or hard), usually those problems are non-existent and everything's as if no problems exist but only for awhile.

When doing other things like video editing, my GPU and CPU both start to get loud (like a jet engine taking off). The worst this build has ever been was Rainbow Six Siege, where it sounded louder than a jet engine and vibrated my entire room.

I am losing my mind quite a bit at this, which is also preventing me from work (which is also losing me some money and job offers) and I don't know how else to really even explain this, but this is as best a representation of what's been going on. I'd like to honestly stay on Windows 10 for now as most of my work is done on it, though I'd also enjoy getting a Mac one day. I can sometimes go a day or two without a single BSoD with luck.

Anyone have theories on what is possibly causing all of this? I cannot afford to take any more losses here with all the good stuff that started for me this year.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://unwillingoffice.htmlpasta.com/
File information:050620-28390-01.dmp (May 6 2020 - 15:34:04)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:050620-13375-01.dmp (May 6 2020 - 07:28:25)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: CompatTelRunne)
Uptime:6 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 45 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X470-GAMING-PLUS
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version A.D and the latest is A.G. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit: Dump file below results: https://daimonictapir.htmlpasta.com/
File information:050720-11250-01.dmp (May 7 2020 - 20:58:33)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: audiodg.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

Last edited:

bsp1983

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
while i wait regarding the information above, a new one has popped up just a moment ago. different result (IRQL) this time. wanting to ensure i cover as much base as i can and provide as much information possible, as when these start to happen, they can happen several times a day, so this post may in the next 6 hours have 1 or 2 more possible links to more dumps depending on things. but i'll hold and wait.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xzMME-vSBqSS22EFvlSXLJRCNSJZWCLn

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't tell exactly what cause is as neither point at a driver but

Any driver older than June 2015 is a possible cause, so this is up there as a possible cause
Jun 26 2009synusb64.sysSteinberg Anti Piracy driver or Suyin USB Webcam 64-bit driver

i would update this
Oct 22 2018rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
latest - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
that might fix firefox. Other thing that crashed was Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry process. which also uses lan so both could be same driver

bsp1983

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
went into BIOS and disabled the Realtek part of things, will be flashing an update to it today.

can't update Steinberg Anti Piracy it seems. can't find anything for it, which is as unfortunate as requiring the eLicenser to operate it.

so far at this point, only a couple of BSOD's have occurred. one of which resulted from forgetting to switch audio drivers around between interface and virtual routing (part of a requirement for work).

i will update if the BIOS and chipset updates help along with disabling the Realtek on-board sound, which could take up to a week roughly. BSOD's can happen up to 10 times in one day, or be quiet for about a week then start again, from studying how this build has operated.

bsp1983

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the newest dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://psychoticyak.htmlpasta.com/ (The addresses from that site just keep getting weirder).

File information:051220-10718-01.dmp (May 12 2020 - 13:51:37)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
rt640x64.sys mentioned in stack text. Realtek drivers. I guessed it in my last post

you need to uninstall or update drivers, although function may be off in bios, its still running in win 10. You can use autoruns to stop it from autorunning at startup instead, if you want - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Strange, i can't open your system info, I get error saying "Unable to open this file, this file might be corrupt or incompatible with this version of system info." i haven't had that before, you could try again?
You are on 1903, I am on 1909, that shouldn't make any difference

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I believe these are the new dump files. Results: https://honeylesssnowyowl.htmlpasta.com/
File information:051520-11437-01.dmp (May 15 2020 - 10:43:58)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:win32kbase.sys (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:051020-9765-01.dmp (May 10 2020 - 14:41:48)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FocusriteUSBSwRoot.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: asiolinktool.e)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File information:050720-11250-01.dmp (May 7 2020 - 20:58:33)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: audiodg.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:050620-11062-01.dmp (May 7 2020 - 00:31:06)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FocusriteUSBSwRoot.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: asiolinktool.e)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)
Crashing driver:
Jun 27 2019FocusriteUSBSwRoot.sysFocusrite Audio Engineering driver

bsp1983

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
it's been about a couple weeks, and to update a couple things and conclude this thread potentially.

in the last 48 hours, i swapped all my parts over from a Zalman H1 case to a Cooler Master HAF X which I had laying around. all fans on the HAF X work and it's more optimal in terms of air flow despite the sub-par cable organization (rush to test if a different case might help)

this morning, another BSOD. the only thing potentially wrong in the mix at this point HAS to be the motherboard. CPU isn't a year old, RAM is less than 6 months by now, PSU is less than 6 months, GPU is about a little over 1 year roughly...

i have updated everything at this point, and i'm still BSOD'ing.

video rendering is also problematic for me as the CPU and GPU sound like a jet engine in both Sony Vegas and Davinci Resolve. the only time it does not do this is when rendering in Reaper for whatever reason.

programming drums, orchestral elements, synthesizers, sound designing... i reach a limit before i get application crashes i've never had before, even on a Ryzen 5 2600.

it's probably safe to say at this point, i'm throwing in the towel and figuring out who i can go through to get a custom build made and shipped to me ASAP so i can stop falling behind and losing out on work.

loved the idea of this build, but it has finally become too much of a pain to manage and fight through. thank you for the information at least through this process.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://dissocialtetra.htmlpasta.com/
File information:053120-12281-01.dmp (May 31 2020 - 05:32:58)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 49 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:053120-12093-01.dmp (May 31 2020 - 14:31:52)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
Probably caused by:dxgmms2.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:053120-11734-01.dmp (May 31 2020 - 14:13:19)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

File information:053020-11812-01.dmp (May 30 2020 - 09:44:15)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LogonUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:053020-11296-01.dmp (May 30 2020 - 13:43:15)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (F7)
Probably caused by:win32kfull.sys (Process: NVIDIA Share.e)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

Colif

Win 11 Master