Question Multiple issues (see below)

May 12, 2019
sorry for bad english Hi so about a year ago i bought my custom built pc with a 2year waranty from the company i stupidly fel for a video called how to unlock all cores.

msconfig untickted cpu and memory now my cpu, ram, even network is running super unstable at high % in taskmanager and my fans are extemley loud.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1VFL-tABA
this is the video and what i did! i got the blue screen after resarting my pc spent a few hours reseting my pc i can use my pc but fan speed is way to loud i can even hear the water in my water cooler when i click on google or any program the fan speed kicks up even more than before super unstable usage% on taskmanager right now though im only running 1% on cpu but my pc is still super loud and ive seen it go up to high usages for no reasson ive checked my programs theres no reasson for it to be like this ive got a ok usage% on my cpu after canceling some stuff only problem is it still goes up to weird usage% this is also my network disk and ram ive tried to resset my bios settings even take out the battery in the motherboard i still have a couple of months on my warranty should i just send the Pc back ? or will they not fix it for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Unlocking cores' only applies to CPUs that had cores disabled (old AMD X2/X3 cpus come to mind, where defective cores were disabled), so it's not as if cores are disabled in Windows just waiting to be unlocked with a correct click or two here and there....

Reset your BIOS to defaults, and, grab your installation media, set BIOS to boot from it (USB media install is faster, of course), and reinstall from scratch....

You are not going to fix/gain anything in MSConfig pertaining to cores (that was not user induced at an earlier time, anyway), it's not as if things come default disabled by mistake from MS

May 12, 2019
'Unlocking cores' only applies to CPUs that had cores disabled (old AMD X2/X3 cpus come to mind, where defective cores were disabled), so it's not as if cores are disabled in Windows just waiting to be unlocked with a correct click or two here and there....

Reset your BIOS to defaults, and, grab your installation media, set BIOS to boot from it (USB media install is faster, of course), and reinstall from scratch....

You are not going to fix/gain anything in MSConfig pertaining to cores (that was not user induced at an earlier time, anyway), it's not as if things come default disabled by mistake from MS
Reinstall bios? Or windows ?

May 12, 2019
If settings whatever you did back to the default did not work...full wipe and reinstall of the OS (and everything else).
Start over from a known good starting point.
Hi again sorry for extreme late response I’m currently reinstalling windows I’ve tried to reinstall bios but that hasn’t done anything for me

May 12, 2019

Reinstall of bios did not work I’ll update if reinstalling windows will fix it currently while I’m reinstalling the fan speed is still pretty high

May 12, 2019
My ghz on my cpu is max 4.20ghz but a lot of the times it’s at 4.45 don’t know if this means anything but it shouldn’t be like this all I’m doing Is watching it in task manager

May 12, 2019
So i think know what it is. My cpu fan is running at 1600-1618rpm cpu opt is running 1060-1066 But my system fan 1 is running at 0rpm my system fan 2 is running at 1186 my system fan 3 pump is running at 0 so are the fans meant to be running at 0 or is this the problem