[SOLVED] Multiple issues with my friends PC

Sep 20, 2020
Symptoms (chronological): BSOD while gaming, PC turned on with no display on screen (happened twice in past 3 weeks), stuck in BIOS loop not showing his SSD (currently his issue).

As stated above, my friend would get a BSOD while playing games. He would get one maybe once a week. Then a new issue arose a few weeks ago where when he would start his PC, it would turn on but no display on his monitor. To fix this he would power down totally and unplug and plug his displayport cable. Then it happened to him last night as well and he (fixed) it by doing the same thing.

Last night as we were gaming together his PC went right to the BIOS. He looked at his bootable devices and his SSD is not there and he is stuck in a loop.

Any idea what the issue could be? A bad PSU, GPU, MOBO or SSD?

Or maybe there is a windows 10 issue or driver issue? What would be the best way of rooting out the cause? He wants to buy a new SSD to try but I though it might be a better idea to start with formatting the current SSD and a fresh install of windows 10.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is his first gaming PC and he is getting turned off to it because of all the issues :(

I do not have his specs as of posting this, I will update this when I find them out.

Solution
Is this the same friends system as here?

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
Sep 20, 2020
Sure is! Haha thanks.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Might be better if he posted. Sometimes working with 3rd hand information is not great for anybody involved in troubleshooting.

Also remember if you have little to no experience or a mentor, sometimes its best to buy a prebuilt that has a warranty and the bugs worked out from a local shop.

TRENDING THREADS