Question multiple locations same ip address?

Jun 7, 2020
i am going to be working remotely in florida, from NY without remote accessing from FL to my work computer back in ny, is there a way i can make it appear that i am working from NY on my NY ip address while in florida?

current setup in NY is fios but straight to my TP - deco mesh

current setup in FL is xfinity TP-Link TC-W7960

IP addresses are what make the internet work. They in general represent a single machine. If you are really big like google you can do crazy stuff like duplicate ip addresses like 8.8.8.8

If your are really "without remote accessing" then it can't be done since the machine in NY owns the IP. There are tricks to make it appear as if your traffic was coming from the NY ip but they all involve actually sending your data through the NY location via something like a proxy or vpn.

Yep, really easy way to do it--set up remote access on your NY network and remote into your work machine if it's allowed. The security risks with doing this are huge though and could lose your job if they found out. You have to plan out some networking well in advance of trying something like this.

Jun 7, 2020
IP addresses are what make the internet work. They in general represent a single machine. If you are really big like google you can do crazy stuff like duplicate ip addresses like 8.8.8.8

If your are really "without remote accessing" then it can't be done since the machine in NY owns the IP. There are tricks to make it appear as if your traffic was coming from the NY ip but they all involve actually sending your data through the NY location via something like a proxy or vpn.

is there a way to set up the modem in florida to vpn through my house in NY?

Jun 7, 2020
What actual remote access restrictions do you have?

You should be able to source from FL and still access your work environment without abstracting via VPN.
its really personal preference i just dont like remoting into my home network and having that little bit of lag as my connection in florida is not the best.

TRENDING THREADS