Question multiple monitor question!!!

Jan 19, 2023
Hiya all I have built a racing rig which I want to connect to my main pc that has a rtx 3070 GPU. This Rig has got 3 1080p monitors in which I wish to conect in extended mode. Now I have a 4th monitor that is also connected to my PC which is 3440 by 1440 resolution. Is there any way I can switch between using my 3440 by 1440 monitor and the group of 3 1080p monitors in extended mode without having to remove cables out of the back of my pc everytime I wanna swop between using the group of 3 monitors and the single monitor?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
you can set up which monitors the game shows it's frames on using Nvidia Control Panel under the "Configure Surround, PhysX" section. Enable the "Span displays with Surround" option then click on "Configure" and configure what monitors are used for extended display with games.

Alternatively, if your CPU has integrated graphics, you could just plug the standalone monitor into the motherboard video output and if you get no video signal check that the adapter isn't disabled in BIOS when using PCIe graphics.

But configuring with surround helps you to adjust the angle/perspective and warping of the game so that it looks proper.

Jan 19, 2023
Problem with having one hdmi connected to the hdmi on my m/b is that the 3440x1440 monitor I will be wanting to use to play games and being connected to the m/b hdmi, it wont use the graphics card, What I basically want to do is use that monitor on its on when playing games other than racing games in which I can use the 3 monitors on my rig on racing games?

TRENDING THREADS