Multiple monitors media pc networking setup

thegamervision

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Multiple monitors media pc networking setup help!?
HI there, my question concerns Hardware and software setups, let's get to it!

So I'm building a house... in the living room there will be one server-like computer. This computer will also work with a NAS. So there will plenty of storage to place pictures and movies etc etc.

Every room in the house will have a coax cable and CAT6. What I want is for fast file access to the server all computers in all rooms can use the CAT6 cable. That isn't the issue, because i will use network dives and mapping.

We're planning on putting a TV in every room, so we want to perfect our media setup. But how can i make it, that the server will be able to stream different movies to different TV'S at the same time? The TV'S can get the video feed via coax? Or should I pull one more cable to all the rooms?

Wire setup image: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8535/setupxe.png

So how can i have it that the media can be accessed at the same time? I can duplicate the monitors, but is it possible to have the server/computer play 2 or more different movies to different TV'S at once?

So please help me with software and the hardware setup... Thanks!

RealBeast

Titan
If you use a small HTPC at each TV location running Corel WinDVD 11 (or PowerDVD 12), they can all access the NAS simultaneously without any issues.

I have such a setup with gigabit Ethernet (CAT5e) and a large networked BluRay movie server (8 3Tb Hitachi Deskstar 7200 rpm drives in RAID 6 off an Adaptec 6805 controller with the whole logical drive shared).

Some new TVs allow direct access to a remote PC video feed if you use their proprietary software (Samsung Allshare in my case), but I found that far too limiting and it may no longer be supported in a few years.