Multiple Monitors With Multiple video cards

Gliniecki4

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
So, I just ordered my second monitor, for those of you who are going to wonder which one its the ASUS VG248QE I just want to know since I plan to get three monitors if I am going to need more power than my current GTX 770 classified is going to provide, I don't plan to game across all three monitors constantly but maybe I'm going to try it out in the future.
Now my issue is I cannot find my same video card anymore, so I was wondering if I could put another gtx 770 thats just a different model into the computer and sli it, or should I just put a different, cheaper video card (say my old 660) and use that to power the other 2 monitors but not be able to game on all 3 since I can't SLI at that point. OR my last resort, should I just say it and buy two 980/970's
Anyone who has a recommendation and would be willing to post it for me would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
1 GTX 770 should run 3 monitors fine, but if you were considering buying another one you dont have to get the same provider (as in MSI, Gigabyte, all of those companies) but you must get a GTX 770 if you are to SLI.

As long as your PSU can handle 2 other them you should be fine, if your unsure about your PSU just say how much wattage it is and someone (or me) can easily tell you if its enough.

Final note, if you can afford 2 GTX 970/980s, that would be better ;)

Jonesie995

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
1 GTX 770 should run 3 monitors fine, but if you were considering buying another one you dont have to get the same provider (as in MSI, Gigabyte, all of those companies) but you must get a GTX 770 if you are to SLI.

As long as your PSU can handle 2 other them you should be fine, if your unsure about your PSU just say how much wattage it is and someone (or me) can easily tell you if its enough.

Final note, if you can afford 2 GTX 970/980s, that would be better ;)

Solution

Gliniecki4

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Thanks a lot, yeah I plan to just grab another 770 then, I've got 800 watts, Im sure thats gonna be enough