Hi,
I'm new to the group and am looking for some help. I have an IBM ThinkPad
Pentium III running Windows XP Pro. I am trying to set up my display so I
can plug a monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u) into the back of the laptop
so I can drag my windows from the laptop to the monitor. When I plug in the
Monitor I get the same display on both.
I've gone into the settings tab and tried to switch the diplay to multiple
monitors and look for the expand my desktop options but I don't get the drop
down option for the mulitpl display where I can designate my primary and
secondary monitor.
When I plugged in the monitor it did not prompt me for new hardware but I
assume it's working since I can see the display on the laptop and the monitor.
When I look at the display tab in setting it says muliple monitor parethesis
but I don'tget the drop down or option to set up the multiple monitor.
Can some please help?
--
Sincerely,
Robert Alpert

The driver AND adapter has to support Multiple monitors. Contact IBM to
see if your system has this capability.

Scubapro wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to the group and am looking for some help. I have an IBM ThinkPad
> Pentium III running Windows XP Pro. I am trying to set up my display so I
> can plug a monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u) into the back of the laptop
> so I can drag my windows from the laptop to the monitor. When I plug in the
> Monitor I get the same display on both.
> I've gone into the settings tab and tried to switch the diplay to multiple
> monitors and look for the expand my desktop options but I don't get the drop
> down option for the mulitpl display where I can designate my primary and
> secondary monitor.
> When I plugged in the monitor it did not prompt me for new hardware but I
> assume it's working since I can see the display on the laptop and the monitor.
> When I look at the display tab in setting it says muliple monitor parethesis
> but I don'tget the drop down or option to set up the multiple monitor.
> Can some please help?

Thank you Bob. I will check both of those at the IBM website and see if
there are any updates.