spellman1989

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
I am trying to connect multiple offices together kind of like "cloud computing" I guess. I need both offices to be able to see what each office does. Is their a way to setup like a network so that both offices can see what each other office has done? They are two small offices so will special software be required or how does it work? Any help is greatly appreciated as this will keep me from having to go back and forth between both offices.

There is a big difference connecting multiple office and 2 office. 2 office is easy get a couple of VPN routers and build a vpn connection between them ..making sure you use different lan address blocks for the sites. It takes a little reading so you understand how VPN traffic works but when its all done and working to the users it appear they are connected directly together.

Now if you need more than just a couple of sites then you need to look at something like DMVPN.

spellman1989

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
My office manager bought the centurylink savvis cloud program and she has 4 computers in two offices(2 per). Centurylink couldn't help set it up because she wants the computers communicate to eachother but she uses QuickBook. She wants to be able to see what was changed in the QuickBooks accounts on each computer kind of like a log I guess. I think she's trying setup the computers so she can share 1 QuickBooks file between the 4 computers and see what was changed on it on all computers. That would be the log part.