Multiple pc issues

billy4564

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Pc issue

So pc had an issue a while ago where I installed a gtx 1060 6gb and every time I tried to run it with 2 monitors plugged in it would blue screen after a while. To fix this issue I had to unplug my optical drive so it would work.

Fast forward a little while and I noticed my cpu would hit very high temps of 90c+ I stopped playing my games and tried to fix this issue. I installed 2 fans I had lying about and this didn't really help but the machine wasn't crashing at this point. I then ran an intel stress test where near the end it hit temps of 100c which was not ideal. I then went into my pc and tightened my heat sink and changed my fan speeds in the bios to turbo mode. When I went back into my pc it blue screened. I turned turbo mode off and it still blue screened before it blue screened I managed to open up my program for my temp monitoring and it looked all normal. I went into safe mode and it blue screened once more.I then left it 5 minutes and went back into safe mode where I ran the sfc /scannow command. This came up clean where it didn't find anything. I then booted up my pc in normal mode with everything still plugged in to see if it would work but it lasted for about 5 minutes before blue screening again.

billy4564

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Full specs of pc:

I5 4690k
1060 6gb gigabyte
Asus b85m-g
Akasa heat sink
Corsair 330r case
1tb HDD
8gb of ddr3 ram

2 benq monitors using dvi cables
Logitech g502 rgb mouse
Corsair k70 keyboard (tramp stamp edition)