Question Multiple PCs have numerous consistent issues which have been progressively getting worse ?

Dec 24, 2022
Theres alot going on here and its a bit of a story. Ive been experiencing Micro stutters that just randomly started occuring one day about 7 months ago. In almost every program I use. Now if im say using a web browser its really not noticable in any significant way but almost any sort of game or other program it is. From the most demanding to the least demanding and regardless of settings. Whether its a game like Ready or Not or some bare bones RPGMaker game like Fear and Hunger. Both micro stutter non-stop. The micro stuttering issue seems to happen when loading things from my many hours of testing. For example loading the physics of an explosion in Darktide, a new player in Lost Ark, or a scrolling screen in Fear and Hunger. If I'm in an area where nothing new is being generated I don't seem to have any stuttering. However its just how it APPEARS to me.

Now its also progressed to Audio Popping too about a couple weeks ago. If there's a significant increase or decrease of volume/tone itll pop. Like if I click mute and unmute real quick. Certain replicatable noises in games can cause it consistently. Like the *plop* of falling into a body of water. Even certain voices cause it consistently. Oh yea also completely randomly my mouse will double click for 1-2 days then not do it for a week. Yes im not joking.

That's more or less the main issues I'm facing but heres where it gets interesting. Ive done everything to fix this and I mean almost EVERYTHING.

• Tested with 3 different GPUS, 2 different CPUs, 2 different Motherboards, 4 different RAM sticks in every combination possible, 4 different Harddrives, brand new connecting cables to litterally everything, a new CASE (so 2 different cases), and 2 different PSUs. Many of these items listed ive tried in many different combinations.
  • Uninstalled and manually installed almost every driver I could through Device Manager.
  • Updated BIOs, fiddled with multiple different TPM settings, and messed around with XMP.
  • Reinstalled Windows 10 about 30 times and then for a hail mary updated to Windows 11. Then reinstalled that a couple times during further tests.
  • I moved my PC to the other side of the house and upstairs to test. Then changed the power strip. Finally I bought an UPS and plugged everything into that.
  • My grandfather sent me a harddrive that worked and had Windows 10 on it. Still didnt work.
  • Easily over 100 hours of googling and running programs to test for potential issues. This includes stuff like MEMtest.
  • Monitored many different stats through MSI Afterburner and other programs. Almost nothing ever visibly showed.
  • Unplugged my USB 3 connector cord from my case to my MOBO because some random forum said it could be the issue.
  • I completely unplugged and disabled all internet connections then ran completely offline games that are years old and didnt have issues before.
  • Created a new Windows profile, deleted the old, and ran on that new profile. Basicly attempted to see if some Windows setting was saved on my profile that was messing everything up.
  • Many, many, many other potential "fixes"

You name it and ive probably tried it already. The really messed up part is I took old parts I had laying around and make a second computer then plugged it in. The same exact issues happened there too. Also there is another computer in this house, on the other side of the wall, that has not experience any of this whatsoever. I think at this point there is only 1 or 2 potential culprits. Somehow the socket I plugged my computer into damaged both my computers in the exact same way to cause these issues. That or somehow even after Memtesting them twice overnight all 4 of my RAM sticks just randomly decided to have the same exact undiagnosible issue. Because I havent bought new RAM yet technicly. I had 2 sticks initially and then slotted 2 more I had laying around from upgrading before.

I will say I eventually saw something weird while monitoring my FPS, temps, PWR usage, etc. Most programs never even showed the micro stutters anywhere in the graphs/numbers. However MSI afterburner showed them eventually. My FPS micro dip downwards while my Frame Time would micro spike upwards. FPS went down as Frame Time went up. FPS would never dip to 0. Just go from 25-30 then back to a 60 cap. No idea if it means anything.

This is my question to you. What on earth is going on with me? Im genuinely losing any will to even use my computer anymore. Its just slowly whittling away at me. I had given up trying to fix it at this point but now that the audio is happening too its fix it or buy a pre-made computer, plug it into my UPS, and plug that into a completely separate room in the house. Making me want to give up entirely on PCs.

Feel free to suggest anything you feel might help. Even if ive tried it before ill probably try it again.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
what is the environment your in this probably is not the issue but it almost sounds like you pc is developeing condensation and getting wet on the components.crazy theory i know but you covered about everything else minus what @kerberos_20 suggested of course

also test different monitor , key board and mouse if you have not already

Dec 24, 2022
it could be some driver causing long DPC calls, that can produce system latency lags (stuttering/audio pops)
run latencymon https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon in background for a while during gaming
Ive run it before and it has shown potential issues before but it never seemed to help after trying to fix. I have ran again at your request.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:31:53 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: DESKTOP-RFMSNGR
OS version: Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 (x64)
Hardware: X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BIOS: F63c
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics
Logical processors: 12
Processor groups: 1
Processor group size: 12
RAM: 16252 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed (WMI): 3901 MHz
Reported CPU speed (registry): 390 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2126.30
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 5.848166

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 2119.10
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 2.210854

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 214.620
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.002210
Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.003231

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 270745
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 2455.310
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.103001
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.157786

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 4634422
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs): 3667
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 18
DPC count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 2
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: tiworker.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 95419
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 29730
Number of processes hit: 126

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 90.654147
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 214.620
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.741982
CPU 0 ISR count: 270745
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 2455.310
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 33.824834
CPU 0 DPC count: 4166409
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 8.729285
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR count: 0
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 332.450
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.324092
CPU 1 DPC count: 94353
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 8.759868
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 412.930
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.420938
CPU 2 DPC count: 90428
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.950615
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 295.730
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.139805
CPU 3 DPC count: 31867
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 8.510035
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR count: 0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 294.990
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.235544
CPU 4 DPC count: 47801
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.587203
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR count: 0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 294.660
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.156224
CPU 5 DPC count: 30817
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6.958319
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR count: 0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 328.440
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.150045
CPU 6 DPC count: 27082
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6.247838
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR count: 0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 292.070
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.102899
CPU 7 DPC count: 19086
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.062888
CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 8 ISR count: 0
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs): 148.610
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s): 0.105645
CPU 8 DPC count: 20963
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s): 4.486451
CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 9 ISR count: 0
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs): 291.740
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s): 0.077119
CPU 9 DPC count: 14634
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.734611
CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 10 ISR count: 0
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs): 291.0
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s): 0.340446
CPU 10 DPC count: 51829
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.006212
CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 11 ISR count: 0
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs): 289.390
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s): 0.359348
CPU 11 DPC count: 42840

what is the environment your in this probably is not the issue but it almost sounds like you pc is developeing condensation and getting wet on the components.crazy theory i know but you covered about everything else minus what @kerberos_20 suggested of course

also test different monitor , key board and mouse if you have not already
Developing Condensation is definetly quite an idea but considering ive moved my PC into other rooms with the same issue. Then a different PC thats just on the other side of the wall but has never been plugged into my room has no issues. I dont think this is the case. Id be courious to know how I would even attempt to fix this still assuming it was that.

I didnt list it specificly but ive also tried different periphials devices. I have 2 monitors, ran one at a time, then both, then grabbed and tested a third one. Tried 3 different keyboards and 2 different mouses. Uninstalling drivers before plugging in the other devices too of course.

I should also state ive gone down a "dirty electricity" rabbit hole trying to fix this issue when I bought the UPS. I believe alot of the stuff around said topic seems like genuine conspiracy theory territory.

Ive run it before and it has shown potential issues before but it never seemed to help after trying to fix. I have ran again at your request.

CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:31:53 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.
it points to network adapter drivers

Reactions: Mike2009
Dec 24, 2022
Get latest chipset drivers and install them

Check your memory speeds
Done that and memory speeds arent the issue. My speeds being 3000 MHz DDR4 are more then enough and have always been. This just happened one day and has been progressively getting worse with the same speed sticks. The issues I face are also again regardless of the demand of the game/program. I can play a Pokemon ROM and stutter the same as anything else.
it points to network adapter drivers
Downloaded, installed, and restarted. Didnt change anything. I appreciate the idea regardless.

Downloaded, installed, and restarted. Didnt change anything. I appreciate the idea regardless.
go to device manager and disable network adapters, see how that goes, you will need to check some offline games as network will be disabled, check with latencymon aswell, if latencymon still points to driver issue, then it would mean that network driver was waiting for another driver

D

Deleted member 14196

Edit
If you reinstall clean several times and it’s still failing it’s hardware

When you say you installed windows, did you format the drive and remove all the partitions and install clean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 24, 2022
go to device manager and disable network adapters, see how that goes, you will need to check some offline games as network will be disabled, check with latencymon aswell, if latencymon still points to driver issue, then it would mean that network driver was waiting for another driver
After running for about an hour and a half I didnt see any issues on the LatencyMon application. Still regardless absolutely nothing has changed.
Edit
If you reinstall clean several times and it’s still failing it’s hardware

When you say you installed windows, did you format the drive and remove all the partitions and install clean?
Firstly yes. During my dozens and dozens of reinstalls on multiple new drives ive done that. Thats the dilemma im facing. Ive literally changed out every piece of hardware in this computer 2 or 3 times. In a bunch of different combinations.

However I think at this point id just like someone to point me in a direction of what potentially could be causing these issues to begin with. What in a PC would cause Micro Stuttering while loading things and Audio crackling. Regardless of peripheral devices.

Dec 24, 2022
Performed a test to see if I can mitigate the audio cracking and popping. Took it into another room and plugged my HDMI into a TV for video and sound through the GPU then just plugged in the power cord, mouse, and keyboard.

Everything performed the same including audio issues. Same cracking/popping and micro stutter. Noticed something a bit extra ive never heard in my headsets before. There was a constant oscillation of soft audio buzzing in the background. Kinda like a pulse every second.

Ram is cause of stutters usually. Maybe you have a motherboard issue
It feels like its a MOBO or PSU issue. Ive memtested all 4 sticks twice and never saw an issue. You know the long form tests that take about 10 hours. Although my RAM is technicly the one thing in my PC I never bought brand new hardware of. But the idea of 4 sticks all having the same weird undiagnosable issue just never felt plausible for me. At this point I think I need to consider anything. However unlikely.

My plan is to most likely purchase a full pre-built computer at a cheap price and test it. If it works fine then ill throw in what parts I can to upgrade it. Id prefer to NOT do this considering the cost, extra work, and most likely parts I cant use but I dont have many options left.