MULTIPLE PC's W/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
just one, unless you bought a volume licence kit (VLK)

however unless you're an it administrator for a large company that remembers just spending tens of thousands of dollars on your windows 7, i suspect you didnt.

I don't know why this question comes up every time there is a new Windows release... Microsoft's stance has always been the same and will NEVER change. ONE license is required PER computer. You cannot legally install a single license copy of Windows on multiple computers. Do people honestly think that MS is going to change that policy?

I realize that in the past, you could get away with installing one copy on multiple machines because MS never had anything in place to check if the same key was used on multiple computers. Doesn't mean it was right or legal... it just means you got away with it.

Windows XP was the first version of Windows to begin incorporating WPA... and thus putting a system in place where MS could start tracking how many times a single serial number was used to install / activate Windows. They began blacklisting volume license keys that had obviously been distributed illegally. Key generators that were circulating around were also made useless. Every version of Windows from then on will have some form of WPA... making getting away with using illegal / stolen / multiple single keys harder and harder. Just remember... anything that makes it possible to use a single-user license key on multiple computers (except in the case of volume licensing of course) is a violation of MS's license agreement.

Devastator_uk

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009

You did not get away with two legit installs, the first one was legit but the second was illegal :pt1cable:

Jonmor68

Distinguished

Getting away with it, is not the same as legaly entitled to do it.

G

I Activating & selling some good license keys for (Windows XP, Vista & 7) with any version from BASIC to Ultimate / lowest price.

Please contact to me: phusong2003@yahoo.com :kaola: :hello: :bounce:

moschum

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Zoron your post simply isnt 100% accurate.

i bought a dell laptop, which came with XP OEM. and 1 serial key. Ive been able to use that key on multiple installs, after multiple formats, with multiple hardware changes, on 3 of my different computers. All activation worked, all windows updating worked.

so. whats the deal there then? was dell distributing illegal serial keys? i think not.

68vistacruiser

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

No, you were just using it illegally.

Status
Not open for further replies.