[SOLVED] Multiple problems on my computer and I can't pinpoint the problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am in dire need of your help.

Last week, I posted here that I was having GPU problems but it seems the problem is deeper than that. Please note I have been running this build for several months WITHOUT any problem. All the issues posted below all happened at the SAME TIME.

First things first: hardware:

Built my computer 2 years 1/4 ago. All parts were new when built:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
PSU: Seasonic 650 Watt G-Series Gold
GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 Armor
MOBO: B-350 Strix
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 4x8go 32Go
Headset: Hyper X Cloud 2

Here are my many symptoms (please note that those symptoms were carried into my clean install of Windows10).
-I can't plug ANY audio devices without having at random times (gaming or not) a complete shutdown and immediate reboot of my system
-I had a DriverFrameworks-Usermode 10110 about the HID-headset driver when the Cloud 2 was connected.
  • Session "MBAMWebProtection" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
  • I sometimes boot into a BSOD 0XC000000e telling me a device cannot be found.
  • I randomly lose my internet connection with that type of error: Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xB06EBFBCB3E6. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
-Rebooting the computer solves the problem.

Is it my MOBO? Is it my PSU? Helllllp!

Solution
If that can help, all drives appears to be healthy according to my disk mgmt tool.

Just so I understand better, you want me to unplug the drive I suspect to be faulty and run another clean install on my computer?
I suggested a repair installation, but a clean installation will be a better course of action, since it will clean all files.

Use a newer Windows 10 installation (1903/1909), there are many bugs that were fixed since then.
If that can help, all drives appears to be healthy according to my disk mgmt tool.

Just so I understand better, you want me to unplug the drive I suspect to be faulty and run another clean install on my computer?
I suggested a repair installation, but a clean installation will be a better course of action, since it will clean all files.

Use a newer Windows 10 installation (1903/1909), there are many bugs that were fixed since then.

Solution

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020

Will do.

Are you paid to be that helpful? Is there a way I can repay for your help?

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
You should remove all disks, and just leave connected the disk where Windows will be installed.

Good evening Jojesa.

I just came back from work and started working on my computer. When I powered the computer (still through screwdrivers) I didn't have ethernet connection. Restarting the computer immediately solved the problem. 30 minutes later, computer shutted down as usual.

DriverFrameworks-Usermode came back (my Hyper X Cloud 2 was connected, through the back i/o panel) Event ID 10110 and 10111.
The usual errors came back:

volmgr (161) Dump file creation failed to error during dump creation
DistributedCOM errors (10016)
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_0951&PID_16A4&MI_03&Col02\8&1c101bb0&0&0001.
Network link is disconnected.
The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start due to the following error.

I have updated it. When I tried to format the bootdrive while having the 2 other drives disconnected, I couldn't boot into Windows 10. It would go straight into BIOS.

I'll try and clean the 3 drives.
To avoid the issue you are having now, just make sure when you install Windows, only the drive that you're installing Windows is connected to the motherboard.
You can add the other disks after Windows is installed.
By the way you don't need to wipe the other disks.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
To avoid the issue you are having now, just make sure when you install Windows, only the drive that you're installing Windows is connected to the motherboard.
You can add the other disks after Windows is installed.
By the way you don't need to wipe the other disks.

Alright. Everything is installed, old drive is ditched, new drive in. I'll go ahead and install my drivers and let you know how it goes.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
Alright! I'm on the other side.

Everything is plugged, installed and working.

Haven't noticed anything out of normal so far. Haven't plugged the i/o front panel nor my headphones yet.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
Alright! I'm on the other side.

Everything is plugged, installed and working.

Haven't noticed anything out of normal so far. Haven't plugged the i/o front panel nor my headphones yet.

Hey Jojesa!

Computer is doing great, but when I opened it up today (first time of the day) the computer didn't fire up completely (screens didn't open) and a low alarm-like sound was coming out of my surge protector. It can't be a good thing right?

Are you talking about a power strip surge protector?
How old is it?
If you plug your PC somewhere else does it work?
Surge protectors life span will be determined by the amount and intensity of surges they get.
The metal oxide varistors (MOV) they have to divert voltage spikes will degrade and stop working.
After that it might function as a dumb power strip without surge protection for your electronics. Some might a light or emit sound alert you.
Furthermore, you can’t blindly rely on these lights. Sometimes the MOV are long gone and the light it still on.
It is time to replace a surge protector, when you are in an area prone to surges and your surge protector has dealt with several spikes.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
Are you talking about a power strip surge protector?
How old is it?
If you plug your PC somewhere else does it work?
Surge protectors life span will be determined by the amount and intensity of surges they get.
The metal oxide varistors (MOV) they have to divert voltage spikes will degrade and stop working.
After that it might function as a dumb power strip without surge protection for your electronics. Some might a light or emit sound alert you.
Furthermore, you can’t blindly rely on these lights. Sometimes the MOV are long gone and the light it still on.
It is time to replace a surge protector, when you are in an area prone to surges and your surge protector has dealt with several spikes.

Hello Jojesa.

My computer is running fine, thanks to your help and the clean install. I can use my headphones and just recently plugged my front panel back. It was driver related.

There's still one issue that needs to be fixed. I get a BSOD every first reboot of the day.
Yesterday I got the stopcode: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Today, I got 0xc000000e winload.efi

This BSOD is consistent.

tonyqqq

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello Jojesa.

My computer is running fine, thanks to your help and the clean install. I can use my headphones and just recently plugged my front panel back. It was driver related.

There's still one issue that needs to be fixed. I get a BSOD every first reboot of the day.
Yesterday I got the stopcode: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Today, I got 0xc000000e winload.efi

This BSOD is consistent.

I fixed the winload.efi. I understand it was the boot order ;)