Question Multiple problems with pc

qboIodp

Commendable
Jan 25, 2022
So, I returned home a couple of days ago after the christmas vacation and after turning on the pc the first time everything was ok. Yesterday something weird happened when I opened. The case fans were 100% from when I presses the pb. I went into Bios and confirmed it was the cpu getting hot (110C) within seconds even though all the fans were working. I uplugged everything and left just the pump plugged (I have a be quiet pure loop 360) and the pump made no noise. I then proceeded to re-plug it and still nothing. Then I plugged it into the nearest pins which were the cpu optional ones. Still nothing. Couple hours go by and I wanted to be sure, so I replugged it where it was to begin with. Funny enough it started working... 30 minutes go by and the gpu fans start going crazy by just having open discord. I check hwinfo and it only showed the 2 fans instead of the 3 the gpu has (I have Aorus 3070 Ti Master) and it said 0rpm on both fans... I restart it, the gpu got silent, I go into the app and it said the right rpm. I then thought that it was a one-time-thing and forget about it. 20 minutes later I open up a game and 5 seconds after clicking it the gpu fans go 1500rpm. I then close the game and they srill are at 1500rpm. I really don't know what to do. Can anyone identify what's the problem and if it it has something to do with the first problem, the pump?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

qboIodp

Commendable
Jan 25, 2022
• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

• MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

• RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 16GB (2x8GB)

• GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti MASTER 8G

• Chassis: be quiet! Silent Base 802 Window

• PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 850W

• AIO: be quiet! Pure Loop 360mm

• Storage 1: Samsung 980 PRO 500GB M.2

• Storage 2: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2

+ Custom Cables: CM-PCAB-BKIT-NKC-3PK

I bought everything (brand new) and assembled it myself in summer 2021 except the gpu which I bought april of 2022. My OS drive has 170/500 free and my secondary has 700/1000GB.

[edit]
Thank you for trying to help with my problem but it turns out the gpu problem was actually a pretty basic user error... When I reinstalled the gpu into the pcie slot the sag bracket tip, which is meant to touch the end of the gpu, was blocking one fan from working, therefore the other fans worked harder to make up for the temperature... I can't believe I didn't look directly into the fans themselves...

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS