Question Multiple problems with RX 470

novaksibalic7

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
Hello everyone, i really hope you can solve wierd multiple problems i have after upgrading my GPU. I got today RX 470 and a new HDMI cable to connect it to the TV i use as screen. I downloaded newest drivers and after restarting PC everything seemed kinda glitchy and low res. Colors are really awful too. My monitor changed name in "MStar Demo" and is sometimes at 24 Hz , sometimes 60 Hz. I've set resolution to 1080p and screen was bigger than my display, which i have solved in AMD software. When i open game my PC crashes after a 10-15 seconds and Anti-Surge message appears/ When i get into BIOS, only clock and my mouse are seen and the wierdest thing is that i can "draw" onto BIOS with my mouse just moving (i mean everything is black and i can move my mouse to see BIOS pixel by pixel, like paint just in reverse) I hope i haven't complicated too much and thanks everyone in advance.

Used market is flooded with mined cards nowadays and the one you bought might be dying. Mined RX 470's are dirt cheap($60-70) and some of them might be at their end... VRAM is usually the culprit. It would be great if you would be able to return it.

novaksibalic7

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
Hmm idk i asked the guy and he said the cards weren't mining and were used for video rendering. He even sent me couple of video test, benchmarks and screenshots from his PC for proof. Could it be my 1.4 HDMI into 2.0 HDMI slot in GPU? Is there any other solution to color and resolution problems?

novaksibalic7

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
MOBO: P8H77M-LE
CPU: I5-3470
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU: CHIEFTEC 550W idk model by looking pics on google most likely GPS 550AB
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ OC RX 470
SSD: KINGSTON 240GB