Multiple restarts after a crash, some with reasons known, some not.

pedja11redja

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
So basically, i have a 650W falcon PSU, rx 580 8gb graphics card, I5-4670k, Seagate 1000DM003-1CH162 HDD and 8gb ram. I was playing War thunder casually and my PC crashed totally, like you clicked the power button. I was wondering if the power cut off, but then it started powering on again. After maybe 2 seconds, it turned off again, then turned back on, then again and again until i waited it to turn off to plug out the power cable.

The first time it happened, a cable was in my second GPU fan, and i moved it, so that was basically dumb of me. I turn the PC on again and i go on discord to tell my friends everything is okay. I talk to them for a bit then i go down to check my PC, and when i stood up, i think i nudged my PC with my elbow maybe? and it crashed again and the process started again until i plugged the power cable out again. That i think was the connection between the cable and PSU going to hell.

The next one was the weirdest one.At that point i was stressed out, i plug the cable back in and i go into BIOS to check if my CPU temp was awful. It was 50C idle with ~1900rpm cooler speed. So that was okay, my GPU was fine, everything was looking normal. I start the PC back on and i go back to discord. I just didn't do anything except talk to my friends for about 15-20 minutes. After that, because i checked my CPU, i go into Total war Warhammer 2 to benchmark my GPU to see if that is totally fine under a bit of stress. Everything was going good: benchmarks finishing and giving results, PC still living and me talking to my friends. I benchmark with V-sync on and off, medium graphics, high graphics: basically everything that won't put too much stress on it. One of my friends recommend i try the temp of both my CPU and GPU in War thunder. I listen to him and turn of Warhammer but then my PC just randomly turns off again. This time i didn't do anything physically to him, nothing overheated. I was confused a lot and scared, because my PSU and GPU were new.

Same old same old, i turn it on and try doing some fixes. I tried the command prompt scan, i realized the GPU wasn't the problem. So far, it was maybe 2 hours since those problems and crashes and nothing happened and i also checked the event viewer and that did not help too. My HDD is being checked with the Seagate tool, long-generic scan. Only thing that i didn't do that came to my mind is not checking RAM since i have to wait for the HDD check to finish. It's 5AM so im going to bed, but tomorrow i will answer anything and give more details if needed. Currently my PC is okay, all temps are normal, Usage is okay, Clocks are excellent and nothing is lagging nor freezing.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

2 initial red flags for me:
It was 50C idle with
If this is in the BIOS, that is still high. BIOS temps are usually higher than low load temps when windows has loaded, but 50 degrees is still high. What are you individual core temperatures under load? You only need 1 core to overheat.

i have a 650W falcon PSU
Do you have a link to this PSU?
From my awareness this isn't a good quality one, and if you are encountering restarts, this is a major culprit.

Did you have a previous GPU? If so, did you clear all drivers using DDU before installing the new one?

pedja11redja

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

2 initial red flags for me:

If this is in the BIOS, that is still high. BIOS temps are usually higher than low load temps when windows has loaded, but 50 degrees is still high. What are you individual core temperatures under load? You only need 1 core to overheat.

Do you have a link to this PSU?
From my awareness this isn't a good quality one, and if you are encountering restarts, this is a major culprit.

Did you have a previous GPU? If so, did you clear all drivers using DDU before installing the new one?
I haven't checked the individual core temp, but i can test it.
It's in Serbian so you can just pop it in the google translate, i can't find an english site. I'll send you the site from the store where i got it.
https://www.winwin.rs/napajanje-650w-falcon-gaming-fgc-650-8626508.html

I did, it was a 500w and no. I needed this PSU for the new GPU cus the last one couldn't power it good.