Question Multiple room vr, gaming PC setup

jeffhennen

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Hello guys, I am trying to setup a desktop and vr setup to be able to play vr in one room and then your normal PC gaming in another with a multiple monitor setup.

I am wanting to do this over the network if possible by either having the PC and vr setup in one room and then the full usable desktop setup in another with multiple monitors or Vise versa.

I want to avoid having to do New cable runs if possible.

jeffhennen

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Sorry but your description is kind of confusing - will you have 2 PCs or only one?

I wouldn't recommend streaming vr as latency is very important.

I would want to ideally only use one PC. What about not streaming vr and then being able to have a fully useable setup like you would normally but in another room without a computer

jeffhennen

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Hello guys, I am trying to think of a way I can take my current system and have the PC in the living room setup for vr while also having a full desktop setup in a different room running on the same PC.

I want to avoid doing cable runs and if possible have all peripherals setup over the network lan.

I don't know if this is possible or if I would just be better off say building a new PC that I would have purely for my vr / home theater setup and then have one as my desk gaming / work PC.

Lutfij

Titan
Same question, different thread topic. Stop creating multiple threads to save yourself and the community with headaches. Having one thread with as many answers is more constructive.

Also, you could look into WiDi but that might mean latency if the distance from PC to display is big and you have interference between them. Also, I think the best course of action would be to build a compact footprint system or having cabling runs. Cables running would be the cheapest and viable option.

jeffhennen

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
stick with 1 thread
Hello guys,

I am wanting to mimic the ability to setup a computer in one room and then have a full fledged setup in another room. Similar to the way SteamLink would work, the difference from the way I would want to have it setup is that I would want to be able to have the other room setup run off of multiple monitors and then any peripherals that I may have. Also different from SteamLink I want this to be able to run as if it was just hardwired connection, aka, be able to have the standard desktop screen and then full Windows functionality but all over the network.

I want to avoid running wires to other room, so if it is possible to have a full fledged desktop that would be suitable to playing video games with low latency and then also low enough price wise to be viable. I know this would be kinda difficult to setup but is it even possible to do .

Thanks