Question Multiple Routers Not Working but Wired Working Fine

Sep 24, 2021
Hello,
New user here with a question about wireless networking.
Recently moved into a new house with Google Fiber. Setup is the following:
Google FiberJack --> Unifi Switch in the basement --> Cat 6 to office wall --> Wireless Router --> Ethernet connection to computer
I bought a new Asus ZenWifi Mesh System that I was super excited about. I connected it on Monday and it seemed to work for a few days, but then stopped working yesterday. Contacted their help desk, they were unable to solve the problem and it has been escalated. I'm awaiting their response.
In the meantime, I hooked up my old Google WiFi system, which worked for approximately 5 minutes and then promptly stopped working.
My devices show full WiFi strength but are unable to connect to the internet. This is the same for all devices, no matter make nor model. Both the Google WiFi and ASUS ZenWiFi do the same thing, with full strength signal throughout the entire house but no internet connection.
The wired internet to my desktop computer via the router still works great with expected speeds.
I've tried hard rebooting everything, including the FiberJack, without success.
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why this might be happening. It doesn't make any sense to me why my wired connection through the routers works just fine but the wireless does not work at all on multiple systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So what is the purpose of the unifi switch. Is its only purpose to connect the google fiber and the router....ie there is nothing else plugged into the switch ?

The google jack will only give you one IP address and only 1 device will function but if every device you have is plugged into your single router then that can't be the problem since the router wan port will get the IP.

How many boxes are you using. You mention mesh but do you only have a single router or do you have some remote wifi repeater. If you are using a repeater it is very common to get a very strong signal from the remote repeater but the repeater can not get a signal from the main router. This mostly happens when you have placed the repeater in the wrong location.

If you connect directly to the main router via wifi and connect to it via ethernet then it is extremely strange it does not work. Does the ipconfig command show you are getting ip from the router. Can you ping the router ip.

Sep 24, 2021
As far as I can tell, the Unifi switch is acting solely as a switch. There are multiple other Cat6 cables running from the switch to various outlets throughout the house. I have not tested those outlets.
It looks like it's giving me an IP address. My phone has an IP address that is different from my desktop.
I have two boxes set up currently. The "main" router and a paired mesh point.
I am confused. At this point I'm thinking it's due to the Unifi switch and I may end up trying out a different "dumber" switch to see if that fixes it.

Sep 24, 2021
In this scenario would the "FiberJack" from Google Fiber act as the "router"? It is definitely wired so that the switch is before any router access, as it's in the basement directly next to the FiberJack and then splits the internet to multiple Cat6 cables.
Mesh units are not plugged into wall jacks.
The mesh unit is supposedly connected well to the main router according to the app (Google Home for Google Wifi and ASUS's app for their routers), and the mesh units show up on the app as having certain devices connected to them so they must be transmitting some signal.

I guess it could be running as a router but you would likely need to ask google or find some kind of model number.

What happens if you turn off the mesh units and move one of your wireless devices close enough so it can directly connect to the main router.