Multiple screens

wannderer

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Hi,

I just bought a HDTV (1080p) and wanted to plug it also to my computer for gaming.

My current computer setup is 2 screens ( main 22'' 1080p and another 22'' 1680*1050 ) plugged in a 8800GT.

What I would like is the HDTV being the clone of the main screen. I know I will need another video card to plug in all 3 screens. But the problem is more at configuration.

Can I configure the screens to be both cloned ( HDTV and main ) and extended ( main and other lcd ) ?

Or will I need to use extended on all 3 and swap main screen when I will want to game on the HDTV ?

Thanksin advance

Sébastien

Kandybar_86

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
The ability to clone actually depends on the hardware control panel and device drivers that come with your card. I can confidently say however that such functionality is available on all mainstream cards, even on the ones you're currently using. Just check your video card control panel.

wannderer

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I checked and my card is able to use clone mode.

But by using 3 monitor it will show the same thing on all 3. Am I right ?

I would like the same thing on 2 monitor and then one other monitor that extends my desktop. And I don't see any way of doing this with the options I see.