Multiple system issues new build

Anheanz

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
I am having multiple issues with a brand new build. I have updated all the firmware and software of motherboard, cpu, and keyboard/ mouse. The problems I am having are:

1: intermittent usb disconnect; the keyboard and mouse frequently disconnect for a second and then reconnect.

2: The internet is by ethernet cable not wifi; each time the computer returns from sleep the internet is disconnect forcing a restart.

3: Sometimes when powering on or returning from sleep the computer completely locks at the password screen and forces a hard restart.

I am thinking it is a motherboard issue and may need to return the motherboard but any suggestions to the problem would be welcome.

Part list:

Windows 10
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus TUF x470
EVGA 1050ti
Corsair k70 MX lux
Logitech G602
Samsung 860 exo 500gb
2tb WD blue
16 gb Corsair vengence RGB
EVGA 650 G3

Thanks

Anheanz

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014

Thanks for your reply,

So then just getting a replacement mobo would be my best option then going forward you think? Fresh install of windows with the new mobo would probably solve the 3rd issue too right?

ALEX0264

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
Are your keyboard and mouse wireless or wired? Also are other USB devices being dropped at the same time?

On the ethernet front, as you are using Windows 10, do you have fast startup enabled? I have found that this feature can cause many problems, one in particular I have found with a PC at work, is that with fast startup enabled, the ethernet controller wouldn't initialise unless you restarted the machine. Disabling fast startup immediately cured that issue. You can disable this by going to control panel > power options > change what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unavailable > untick fast startup.

The above may also apply to the sleep issue. Definitely worth giving it a go, as I've found fast startup more of a hindrance than a use.

Anheanz

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014

The keyboard is wired and the mouse is wireless, they both go out at the sametime- I dont have any other USB devices connected.
I had first disabled the fast start from my control panel which didnt work, and then I also tried is from my BIOS which also didnt solve the issue.

I will try reseating all the components and see if it makes a differnence.

TRENDING THREADS