Multiple vga Monitors on a Msi gtx 970

Berkan

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Hi i want to build a new pc and as monitor i want to buy 3x LG 22M35A monitors but the only thing they have is vga and as a gpu im choosing the Msi Gtx 970 the card has no vga. Whats the best solution for this? a Splitter or dvi to vga ? can anybody help me pls :??: :??: :??: :??:

Solution
Since its 2015, the best solution is to not use VGA at all. But I won't question your choice to buy those monitors, but rather, provide a solution to make your system work together.

Yes, you can use VGA adapters, or certain VGA cables to make this setup work.

dvi-vga.jpg

Adapter Cable

CABLE-563_DVI-D_VGA.JPG

Splitter

31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

Adapter

You can get away with different combinations of these to complete your triple monitor setup.

bignastyid

Titan
The 970 will only support 1 vga monitor with a dvi-I to vga adapter. A splitter will just clone the displays. You would need active digital to analog converters for the other 2. Your best option since you haven't bought the displays is to get monitors with digital inputs.

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Since its 2015, the best solution is to not use VGA at all. But I won't question your choice to buy those monitors, but rather, provide a solution to make your system work together.

Yes, you can use VGA adapters, or certain VGA cables to make this setup work.

dvi-vga.jpg

Adapter Cable

CABLE-563_DVI-D_VGA.JPG

Splitter

31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

Adapter

You can get away with different combinations of these to complete your triple monitor setup.

Solution

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Just want to also mention, that there are HDMI to VGA adapters, and DP to VGA ones as well. You might want to consider those, since the video card doesn't have 3 DVI ports.

38191xxl.jpg

HDMI to VGA cable

displayport-vga-1.jpg

DP to VGA adapter

Marco Marcomike

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I hope you have not yet installed with LG's monitor,you can find 24inchi thin like dell u2414h aka dp 1.2 suppport or eizo FORIS 2434,then change your gpu to gigabyte gtx 970 via 3x DP/Dual-link DVI-I / DVI-D / HDMI.I also plan I was looking for a 120hz 24inchi.aka low MS.

Berkan

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014

nope didnt buy them going for dell 23 inch monitors via displayport im buying the gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
btw im the op