Multiple Windows Update Problems

IcyProtocol

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2012
Ok so I have been having issues installing any Windows Update for the past month now, and I've been looking everywhere for solutions. I have 38 important updates to install, and I have already tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, DISM Scanhealth and DISM Restorehealth(Got a 14005 error when trying to do both of those), SFC scan, and a clean boot. None of these are working. The farthest I got yesterday with an update was after everything seemed to install, when it restarted and said "Configuring Updates", it eventually came up with "Failed to configure Windows Updates. Reverting Changes...". I also tried installing them separately, and 0/38 worked. All coming up with the same 8007371B error when trying to install. If anyone could help, it would be very much appreciated because I can't upgrade to Windows 8.1 without the latest updates.

UPDATE: Just tried another update(KB2882301) separately and it came up with Error Code 800736B3.

UPDATE: I just tried installing one update, and it said "Restart PC to apply updates", so I did, but instead of trying to install the one update I just downloaded, it tried to install 37 updates. When it finished and restarted again, it came up with "Configuring Windows" and got to 93% and said "Failure Configuring Windows. Reverting Changes." All of the updates either failed with 8007371B or 800736B3.

UPDATE: I used the Fix It from Microsoft to Reset Windows Update Components, and it came up with this window.

30ybmLL.png

UPDATE: I tried updating just the update I need for Windows 8.1 to appear(KB2871389), and it came up with error code 80010108 right away. It didn't even get to the Installing Update screen.

UPDATE: I found that my Windows Update Agent is not the latest version. I am currently running 7.8.9200.16547 on a Windows 8 x64 Bit OS, but the latest version according to an article on Microsoft's Support website is 7.8.9200.16693. I tried their Fix It program, but it did not update the WUA.

IcyProtocol

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2012

Ok, after I ran it with /R /F, I restarted and tried to update, and it seems only a few installed, but are pending a restart while the majority again, failed.

LPk60Dr.png

TRENDING THREADS