After having Windows XP for a while, I have now set my wife & I up as
seperate users. I kept our existing set-up (desktop, background, etc.) for
her, and created a new profile for myself.
My question is, can I import browser favorites from one profile to another?
All of our favorites are on our old (previously shared) browser, but the
browser in my new profile has no favorites.
Thanks!

Sure.

In the old User Account: IE File > Import and Export > Export Favorites
(save to a location accessible to the new User Accounts or log-on as
Administrator before...)

In the new Accounts: IE File > Import and Export > Import Favorites > point
the import wizard to the saved file
--
IE General newsgroup:
IE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Top 3 Things You Can Do to Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/video1.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx

johnjohnm wrote:
> After having Windows XP for a while, I have now set my wife & I up as
> seperate users. I kept our existing set-up (desktop, background, etc.)
> for
> her, and created a new profile for myself.
> My question is, can I import browser favorites from one profile to
> another?
> All of our favorites are on our old (previously shared) browser, but the
> browser in my new profile has no favorites.
> Thanks!

Thank you very much. That was very easy, and in hindsight, I should have
been able to figure that out :-/
I appreciate your help!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Sure.
>
> In the old User Account: IE File > Import and Export > Export Favorites
> (save to a location accessible to the new User Accounts or log-on as
> Administrator before...)
>
> In the new Accounts: IE File > Import and Export > Import Favorites > point
> the import wizard to the saved file
> --
> IE General newsgroup:
> IE6-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> Top 3 Things You Can Do to Prevent Spyware
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/video1.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
>

> johnjohnm wrote:
> > After having Windows XP for a while, I have now set my wife & I up as
> > seperate users. I kept our existing set-up (desktop, background, etc.)
> > for
> > her, and created a new profile for myself.
> > My question is, can I import browser favorites from one profile to
> > another?
> > All of our favorites are on our old (previously shared) browser, but the
> > browser in my new profile has no favorites.
> > Thanks!

YW & thanks for posting back.