Multy hard-drive external memory issue

Obstorm

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
Had an external that was 1TB, Fantom Drives G-Force MegaDisk 1TB USB 2.0, very old external. Anyways while re-gutting my last rig, I figure I finally toss in this "MegaDisk" into the tower. I've done it with other externals that have failed me before so I wasn't expecting any issues.

This one however was a Multi Hard drive external, still I didnt think anything of it, took them out and installed them in with no issues, Until I turned on the rig. They showed up empty, I hadn't reformatted them or anything and they where both empty.

There is some important data in those drives so I'm a bit scared as to how to approach this issue since I've never came across this before on an external. I still have the small motherboard that came with them in the external. Was thinking of re-hooking them to that and seeing if that does anything but in truth I'm not expecting much from that.

Any help would be great? actually please help I'm lost lol

Solution
Hi there Obstorm,

Do you have the enclosure? In case you do, you can just put the drives back in, back up your data, put them back in the computer if you want to, reformat them and you should be able to use them.

I believe that there are several things that could prevent you from accessing the data while the drives are attached internally:
- If the drives were in some sort of RAID.
- File system of the device, could not be supported by Win.
- The devices features some encryption.(hardware or software one)

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Obstorm,

Do you have the enclosure? In case you do, you can just put the drives back in, back up your data, put them back in the computer if you want to, reformat them and you should be able to use them.

I believe that there are several things that could prevent you from accessing the data while the drives are attached internally:
- If the drives were in some sort of RAID.
- File system of the device, could not be supported by Win.
- The devices features some encryption.(hardware or software one)

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution