Mushkin memory/ timings

Ditane731

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I'm building a low/medium budget gaming computer. I want to put in 2 2GB sticks in. I'm trying to decide between two different ones that are at around the same price point.

Both are DDR2 800 With a CL of 5.
One is mushkin with timings of 5-4-4-12 @ 1.8 V
The other is corsair with timings of 5-5-5-18 @ 1.9V

Until researching this computer I hadn't really heard much about mushkin, but had heard a lot about corsair. I don't know enough about the timings to know how big of a difference there is between those two. The thing that I am worried about is the mushkin memory doesn't have nearly as many reviews, and seems to have a few more at the lower end. With rebates they are both sitting around $70. Should I go with the mushkin with better timings, or would the corsair (or even something else around the same price) be better?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ditane731

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Thanks. I thought I had read some really good stuff about Mushkin, but having limited experience with some of this stuff I wasn't sure. I had heard of corsair. And like I said, I don't really know much about the timings. Like I know what the numbers mean at least by definition, but I don't have any experience in how those numbers translate into the real world.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I have 8GB of that same Mushkin RAM, and it works great, have gotten it stable at 900MHZ at those stock settings without really any tweaks, just raised the speed nothing else.

ocdisorder

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Yup, I have been using Mushkin for some time now. It's great.

This tells you...http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1283&pageID=4910