Question Music in games has low volume

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Lately all my games has low level music, but only music, the rest of sounds are fine. You can hear it like it is far away or very low. I checked sound options in games and disabled sourround where available and music is at 100 or max but still barely can hear it. Sometimes the background sound is also very low or sometimes the background happens to be too high and the voices to low and far away. The speakers are set on Stereo, not quadrophonic, not 5.1 or 7.1 surround or not anything. I removed High Definition Audio Driver from device manager and installed Realtek Driver but still same. Enabled Loudness, tried spatial sound on/off, tried all things and settings I could, but none works. Even unplugged the speakers and tried few different type sets of headphones and still same. The jack is correctly plugged on green and the mic on pink. The music plays fine on Youtube, Media player, Winamp, Groove music, etc, only in games is the problem. I don't want to reinstall windows yet, is there any other solution?
Thank you very much.

vyrule

Commendable
Jun 26, 2017
The answer is usually a simple one, firstly - is this happening across different games?

I already think I can guess the issue but I just need a little more info

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Well not in every games the same. For example, in Warcraft 3 Frozen throne is vice versa, the music is very high and herald and other voices are very low. In World of Warcraft I can barely hear my character, he sounds like he is very far away, In Mafia series the car engine are very high while the music is way too low, there even the actors voices are low sometimes. I tried to lower other sounds and set only music to 100 but still not working. In The Saboteur everything seems to be fine. In Driver Parallel lines same, the music gone low while car engine sounds like crazy. Dind't testet other games after the strange things happened but I played these games before on the same computer and wasn't like this. Thank you.

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Found something strange and interesting. The sound is fine and clear on the left side but only on the right is like is far away. Some sounds seems to miss from the right side and sometimes or it seems like right side is playing both left and right. The character's voice in some games is louder when I let him on the left on a certain distance and he speaks but is lower and seems far away when I put him on the same distance on the right-side. The engine sound of the cars missing from the right side but the music is playing, sadly … from distance. I even checked my ears by inverting the headphones and the thing is happening to the other side, so is not me. So, I unplugged the headphones and plugged some other speakers then EVERYTHING came to normal. Unplugged those speakers and plugged back some different headphones, 3 different models and problem came back. Even after plugged some different speakers had same problem. There is just one set of speakers that works perfect. I tested the other speakers and headphones on another PC on the same games and they works fine. Forgot to mention, the balance in the sound settings is on 100 on both sides, left and right. When I move them they work correctly.