Music to kill to

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
BF?

Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
Probably because it reminds me of Platoon


--
scrum
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.onlineconverter.co.uk/?news
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Anything by Joan Baez is good music to kill too.

P3



"scrumble" <something@whatever.com> wrote in message
news:164agep5w2007.1mt1i7sn5zrc3.dlg@40tude.net...
>
> Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
> BF?
>
> Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
> playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
> Probably because it reminds me of Platoon
>
>
> --
> scrum
> -------------------------------------------------
> http://www.onlineconverter.co.uk/?news
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

<164agep5w2007.1mt1i7sn5zrc3.dlg@40tude.net>, something@whatever.com said...
>
> Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
> BF?
>
> Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
> playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
> Probably because it reminds me of Platoon
>
>
>
Only soundtrack to BF is explosions, gunfire and footsteps.

To me the sounds in the game is a very important part of the experience, don't
want anything disturbing that. Except the TS-chatter about anything from cats
and mums to locations of those pesky snipers of course.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <MPG.1cce61544ff2bee69896bd@news.online.no>,
lansenerd@nowhere.com says...
> <164agep5w2007.1mt1i7sn5zrc3.dlg@40tude.net>, something@whatever.com said...
> >
> > Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
> > BF?
> >
> > Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
> > playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
> > Probably because it reminds me of Platoon
> >
> >
> >
> Only soundtrack to BF is explosions, gunfire and footsteps.
>
> To me the sounds in the game is a very important part of the experience, don't
> want anything disturbing that. Except the TS-chatter about anything from cats
> and mums to locations of those pesky snipers of course.
>


absolutely. i love going up against folks that listen to music or don't
wear headsets when playing. i will own you so many times you'll swear i
am cheating. sounds are 50% of the game for me. i can hear someone
crawling up to me to try and knife me while i am sniping. any of the
regulars i play with will not try to sneak up on me.

when playing berlin, i'll sneak behind a wall and wait until i hear
someone walking behind it, then jump out in front of them at "just the
right moment" with a quick burst to their faces. "..how did you know i
was there!" is what i hear sometimes... i just laugh at 'em and move on
to the further sounds of "he's cheating!!!! he has a radar hack!"
bwahahahaha. noobs.




/CF
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

scrumble wrote:
> Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
> BF?
>
> Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
> playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
> Probably because it reminds me of Platoon

Rammstein usually works well for me (when not patiently sniping).

regards,

Achtung Ecco
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Quietly mixed into the background so I can still hear approaching footsteps:

Karl Jenkins haunting benedictus from the Armed Man: A Mass for Peace

http://tinyurl.com/96lk8

This is a short free clip, Real Audio.

Lorian.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Adagio For String....
My most favourite piece of music of all time.

I also like Deer Hunter's "Cavatina" when playing BFV
or "Full Metal Jacket"'s soundtrack.
These Boots Are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
Marines' Hymn - Goldman Band
Transition - Abigail Mead
Parris Island - Abigail Mead
Ruins - Abigail Mead
Leonard - Abigail Mead
Attack - Abigail Mead
Time Suspended - Abigail Mead
Sniper - Abigail Mead





Colonel_Flagg wrote:

> In article <MPG.1cce61544ff2bee69896bd@news.online.no>,
> lansenerd@nowhere.com says...
> > <164agep5w2007.1mt1i7sn5zrc3.dlg@40tude.net>, something@whatever.com said...
> > >
> > > Does anyone else in here have a favourite mp3 they listen to while playing
> > > BF?
> > >
> > > Obviously in BFV any thing from thee 60's would work, but I've found
> > > playing Barbers adagio for strings gives almost any FPS a different feel.
> > > Probably because it reminds me of Platoon
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > Only soundtrack to BF is explosions, gunfire and footsteps.
> >
> > To me the sounds in the game is a very important part of the experience, don't
> > want anything disturbing that. Except the TS-chatter about anything from cats
> > and mums to locations of those pesky snipers of course.
> >
>
> absolutely. i love going up against folks that listen to music or don't
> wear headsets when playing. i will own you so many times you'll swear i
> am cheating. sounds are 50% of the game for me. i can hear someone
> crawling up to me to try and knife me while i am sniping. any of the
> regulars i play with will not try to sneak up on me.
>
> when playing berlin, i'll sneak behind a wall and wait until i hear
> someone walking behind it, then jump out in front of them at "just the
> right moment" with a quick burst to their faces. "..how did you know i
> was there!" is what i hear sometimes... i just laugh at 'em and move on
> to the further sounds of "he's cheating!!!! he has a radar hack!"
> bwahahahaha. noobs.
>
> /CF