Must exist a solution....

This is the problem:
My Necro's might mercenary has a too weak weapon to face Hell (HC)
monsters..(7 or 8 hits to kill act1 porcupine....it is not very
recumforting..). To compensate that weakness, i got him a very nice
Bonehew (318% ed) last night...he was so happy! ...Until he was faced
to his lack of strenght to use his beautiful new toy! The gap is
important: at clvl67, my merc has 155 str. and the Bonehew is
commanding 195. (which he'll get at clvl 90 !!). I would really like
to bring a smile on his ugly face again and find a way to solve that
problem.

I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?
I think i have one (maybe 2) -15% item requirement jewel, but i dont
know how the calculation is made! Can i put one into an armor and the
effect will be efficient for the weapon ? Or do i absolutely have to
put it in the weapon ? Will 15% be enough?
Or, can an armor (or an helm) have a very high + strenght mod? (Magic,
rare or unique ) Or a "built-in" -x % requirement?

Or...anything else?

Thanks

Louis

Hmmm! wrote:
> This is the problem:
> My Necro's might mercenary has a too weak weapon to face Hell (HC)
> monsters..(7 or 8 hits to kill act1 porcupine....it is not very
> recumforting..). To compensate that weakness, i got him a very nice
> Bonehew (318% ed) last night...he was so happy! ...Until he was faced
> to his lack of strenght to use his beautiful new toy! The gap is
> important: at clvl67, my merc has 155 str. and the Bonehew is
> commanding 195. (which he'll get at clvl 90 !!). I would really like
> to bring a smile on his ugly face again and find a way to solve that
> problem.
>
> I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
> 30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?

Or go for the ghetto option: three perfect Amethyst in a Black Hades,
or two in Spirit Forge. Any armor with three or four sockets will work,
but the uniques add a bit of style (and can be bought for cheap).
--
Zamboni

Hmmm! wrote:
> This is the problem:
> My Necro's might mercenary has a too weak weapon to face Hell (HC)
> monsters..(7 or 8 hits to kill act1 porcupine....it is not very
> recumforting..). To compensate that weakness, i got him a very nice
> Bonehew (318% ed) last night...he was so happy! ...Until he was faced
> to his lack of strenght to use his beautiful new toy! The gap is
> important: at clvl67, my merc has 155 str. and the Bonehew is
> commanding 195. (which he'll get at clvl 90 !!). I would really like
> to bring a smile on his ugly face again and find a way to solve that
> problem.
>
> I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
> 30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?
> I think i have one (maybe 2) -15% item requirement jewel, but i dont
> know how the calculation is made! Can i put one into an armor and the
> effect will be efficient for the weapon ? Or do i absolutely have to
> put it in the weapon ? Will 15% be enough?
> Or, can an armor (or an helm) have a very high + strenght mod?
(Magic,
> rare or unique ) Or a "built-in" -x % requirement?
>
> Or...anything else?

Duriel's Shell has +20 strength. And a Hel will be better in a weapon
as it is 20% rather than 15%.

Hi,

lojo59ca@yahoo.fr (Hmmm!) wrote in

> I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
> 30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?
> I think i have one (maybe 2) -15% item requirement jewel, but i dont
> know how the calculation is made! Can i put one into an armor and the
> effect will be efficient for the weapon ? Or do i absolutely have to
> put it in the weapon ? Will 15% be enough?
> Or, can an armor (or an helm) have a very high + strenght mod? (Magic,
> rare or unique ) Or a "built-in" -x % requirement?
>
> Or...anything else?

the -15% req jewel brings the Bonehew down to 166 STR. I have one on my WW
Druid. So you shouldn't be too far off..

Regards,

Oliver

In article <d49got$f6b$03$1@news.t-online.com>,
Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> lojo59ca@yahoo.fr (Hmmm!) wrote in
>
> > I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
> > 30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?
> > I think i have one (maybe 2) -15% item requirement jewel, but i dont
> > know how the calculation is made! Can i put one into an armor and the
> > effect will be efficient for the weapon ? Or do i absolutely have to
> > put it in the weapon ? Will 15% be enough?
> > Or, can an armor (or an helm) have a very high + strenght mod? (Magic,
> > rare or unique ) Or a "built-in" -x % requirement?
> >
> > Or...anything else?
>
> the -15% req jewel brings the Bonehew down to 166 STR. I have one on my WW
> Druid. So you shouldn't be too far off..
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

Or put a HEL rune in the weapon (-20% req.)

....and yes, the -X% req item must be placed in the item that is to be
affected. Having a "-% req" in the armor will only affect the armort and
not any other items.

Hmmm! schrieb:
> This is the problem:
> My Necro's might mercenary has a too weak weapon to face Hell (HC)
> monsters..(7 or 8 hits to kill act1 porcupine....it is not very
> recumforting..). To compensate that weakness, i got him a very nice
> Bonehew (318% ed) last night...he was so happy! ...Until he was faced
> to his lack of strenght to use his beautiful new toy! The gap is
> important: at clvl67, my merc has 155 str. and the Bonehew is
> commanding 195. (which he'll get at clvl 90 !!). I would really like
> to bring a smile on his ugly face again and find a way to solve that
> problem.
>
> I have a Nat's helm (+10 to str.) that will reduce the gap from 40 to
> 30 points. That's a beggining...but what then?

One of the best solutions is a Guillaumes Face (+15) combined with a
Griswold's Heart (+20) socketed with an Amthyst for another +10 and
ORT/RAL to cover the lack of resists. Two AMNs in the Bone Hew of
course, you will regret any other choice here sooner or later.

---
Hannes