Mustek scanner and programs??

kenneth

I have a "Plug & Scan 96 CP" Mustek-scanner that I want to use. I want to
scan pages into MS Excel-format, how do I do that?

I found a driver on Internet, but I also need a program to scan with.
What program can I use to get the scanned documents into Excel-formats?
And how do I scan a pages since there is no buttons on the scanner?

Kenneth

"Kenneth" <snow_flea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a "Plug & Scan 96 CP" Mustek-scanner that I want to use. I want to
> scan pages into MS Excel-format, how do I do that?
>
> I found a driver on Internet, but I also need a program to scan with.
> What program can I use to get the scanned documents into Excel-formats?
> And how do I scan a pages since there is no buttons on the scanner?
>

> Kenneth

If you found TWAIN drivers for the scanner then you can use Microsoft Word
or Irfanview to scan the document.

Search Excel Help for Information. Use keyword "import".

Or use TWAIN in Irfanview to drive the scanner. Irfanview does not have a
Excel format as far as I know. Irfanview can save many formats of images,
such as BMP, PNG, JPG and TIFF.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Get the Plugins!

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Excel is a spreadsheet program, I do not know of ANY image format for it.
You can indeed start the scanner from inside Excel and have the image in web
or print format scanned, but it is NOT unique to Excel. It is saved as
whatever the scanner would save it as if you used IrfanView instead of
Excel, but with more control than you get out of Excel.

I just tested and the image in the Excel spreadsheet was a JPG and you can
do that without Excel and then bring it into Excel very easily.

So scan using IrfanView, save as a JPG and then import the graphic into the
Excel spreadsheet only if that is exactly what you need. You CAN import a
graphic of almost any type into a CELL in the spreadsheet.

FWIW,

Flimscan...

-----------------

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:

>"Kenneth" <snow_flea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have a "Plug & Scan 96 CP" Mustek-scanner that I want to use. I want to
>> scan pages into MS Excel-format, how do I do that?
>>
>> I found a driver on Internet, but I also need a program to scan with.
>> What program can I use to get the scanned documents into Excel-formats?
>> And how do I scan a pages since there is no buttons on the scanner?
>>

>> Kenneth
>>

>If you found TWAIN drivers for the scanner then you can use Microsoft Word
>or Irfanview to scan the document.
>
>Search Excel Help for Information. Use keyword "import".
>
>Or use TWAIN in Irfanview to drive the scanner. Irfanview does not have a
>Excel format as far as I know. Irfanview can save many formats of images,
>such as BMP, PNG, JPG and TIFF.
>http://www.irfanview.com/
>
>Get the Plugins!
>
>--
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com

FilmScan@Look.CA Toronto, ON, Canada

See http://members.rogers.com/rheuman/index3.html

Copyright retained for what it is worth. If this is illegal
where you are, do not read it. Trademark also retained.....

You are correct ... Excel is Micro$loth's spreadsheet program, part of their "Office"
suite, and often bundled on computers from the "major vendors." While it cannot deal
directly with a scanner, some (if not most) OCR programs will have an option to output in
a format that is "commutable" with the program.

I just checked my copy of the "home edition" of ABBYY's FineReader OCR software that is
furnished with the Epson scanners. It *claims* to be able to take a image file (TIFF,
JPEG, or whatever) and output a file "in Excel format." If this works (and I have *not*
tried it), then one method would be to:

(1) Scan the page to a TIF or JPEG file using IrfanView and the TWAIN driver,

(2) Import that file into the OCR program, and

(3) Output Excel file ... or possibly CSV (comma separated values) file ... from the OCR
program.