MWB AdWare Cleaner keeps picking up the same 7 threats. Not sure whats going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogzx

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
So basically, I decided to download it and check for adware since I hadn't done so yet. I was then met with 7 threats (I will attach the log to this post below), so I chose to remove them. Once I rebooted I noticed my Ransomware protection in MWB was turned off, and if I tried to turn it back on it would just say "starting.." and wouldn't actually turn on. I proceeded to get a little worried and did a clean install of Windows, however after reinstalling and signing back into Chrome I decided to run the scan again, and it picked up the same 7 results, and they are still there even after cleaning and rebooting. I have no homepages set, and my only extension is Adblock Pro. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Log:

# AdwCleaner v6.041 - Logfile created 25/12/2016 at 14:38:10
# Updated on 16/12/2016 by Malwarebytes
# Database : 2016-12-23.1 [Local]
# Operating System : Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Username : Me - DESKTOP-InsertNumbersHereJustInCaseINeedToKeepThisOut
# Running from : C:\Users\Me\Desktop\adwcleaner_6.041.exe
# Mode: Clean
# Support : https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: search.conduit.com__
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: mysearch.avg.com
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: search.conduit.com_
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: search.conduit.com
[-] [C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default] [extension] Deleted: gjkpcnacdgdlpfejlgflolpaigoicibh

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1568 Bytes] - [25/12/2016 14:38:10]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1142 Bytes] - [25/12/2016 14:32:26]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1946 Bytes] - [25/12/2016 14:37:28]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1787 Bytes] ##########

Solution
OK... Sign in again... Go through and remove the stuff you see above, by hand. Uninstall Chrome. Restart, now rerun ADWCleaner. Is it Clean?

Install Chrome again and sign in... Run ADWCleaner again, did they come back? If those entries are back, it is into your Google Profile for Chrome... You can export your Bookmarks, delete History "to the beginning of time", remove all extensions, Delete Search Engines (not Google)...

Then go into the Settings / Advanced sync settings and uncheck the Apps and extensions...

Good luck.
OK... Sign in again... Go through and remove the stuff you see above, by hand. Uninstall Chrome. Restart, now rerun ADWCleaner. Is it Clean?

Install Chrome again and sign in... Run ADWCleaner again, did they come back? If those entries are back, it is into your Google Profile for Chrome... You can export your Bookmarks, delete History "to the beginning of time", remove all extensions, Delete Search Engines (not Google)...

Then go into the Settings / Advanced sync settings and uncheck the Apps and extensions...

Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS