[SOLVED] MX 330 performing lower than expected

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
I have a dell vostro 3500 with I5 1135g7, Nvidia mx330, 8gb ram , 1tb hdd and 240gb ssd . the problem is it performs very less than the benchmarks i saw on the internet and i played using the I GPU (iris xe) and it feels better . Sometimes it gets into some slow-motion like lag in f1 2018. is there anything that i should try , that would resolve the problem ?

Thank you

Solution
The problem with laptop GPU benchmarks is there's no standard configuration in which these GPUs are tested under. It depends on what the system it came on. The MX 330 could perform different if it was paired with an i7 or an i3. And it also depends on if the cooling system is sufficient to keep the parts happy. This is unlike say desktop GPUs, where the reviewer is (should be) using a standard platform and the only thing they're changing is the video card. This provides a much better comparison, at least for that website.

Also I'm assuming you're playing games while the laptop is plugged in.

Lutfij

Titan
the problem is it performs very less than the benchmarks i saw on the internet and i played using the I GPU (iris xe) and it feels better .
We're going to need information, such as screenshots to corroborate your findings. If you're using YT as a gauge then please parse links to said videos.

What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? OS version(not edition) if you're on Windows 10? Which driver version are you on for your Nvidia GPU? Where did you source the game that you're taxing the laptop with?

Lastly, that laptop isn't really meant for gaming, the specs of the laptop and the design of the device itself is geared towards people on the go and needing a system to work off of, much like a photographer or perhaps an architect to give presentations to clients with their renders, not to physically tax the laptop with demanding tasks. In fact, the laptop is advertised as a Business Laptop by Dell themselves.

Reactions: Fatblabs

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
BIOS Version: Dell inc 1.9.0, 10/8/2021
OS Version:10.0.22000 Build 22000 (windows 11 home)
GPU Driver version: 497.29

I believe sourced the game means , where I got it, I got from steam

The problem with laptop GPU benchmarks is there's no standard configuration in which these GPUs are tested under. It depends on what the system it came on. The MX 330 could perform different if it was paired with an i7 or an i3. And it also depends on if the cooling system is sufficient to keep the parts happy. This is unlike say desktop GPUs, where the reviewer is (should be) using a standard platform and the only thing they're changing is the video card. This provides a much better comparison, at least for that website.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Solution

Valid points very well made (y)

Oct 3, 2023
I have a dell vostro 3500 with I5 1135g7, Nvidia mx330, 8gb ram , 1tb hdd and 240gb ssd . the problem is it performs very less than the benchmarks i saw on the internet and i played using the I GPU (iris xe) and it feels better . Sometimes it gets into some slow-motion like lag in f1 2018. is there anything that i should try , that would resolve the problem ?

Thank you
I have the same problem, and i find the problem is the colling system. But, do you find someting tah can we do? running league of legends the fps down until 38 no matters the graphic config. Sorry for my bad English xd