Question MX Vertical Slippage?

CandiceJoy

Honorable
Jul 19, 2016
I reposition my mouse a TON when I use a computer. This has never been an issue for me, but I recently got an MX Vertical from Logitech and I've noticed it slips every time I pick it up to reposition it. I either need to figure out a different way to position the mouse or get something to keep it from slipping. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If the mouse slips, you might want to try a lighter mouse or one with a different shape. Maybe one that is wider at the top than the bottom, has a rough surface on the side, or indents on the side for your fingers.
I had similar issues with a madcatz rat 7, which is basically completely made of metal and weighs 132 g, which is quite a lot for a mouse. Add the pretty smooth surfaces and it is easy to understand why it tends to slip out of hand.

And I will ask what is the reason for picking up the mouse?

I.e., what forces/requires repositioning?
I assume the reason is that the space on their desk isn't wide enough to cross the entire desktop without having to reposition. Or simply the desire to have it's "idle position" in a specific area on the desk. Like in the middle of the mousepad.

Ralston18

Titan
If the mouse slips, you might want to try a lighter mouse or one with a different shape. Maybe one that is wider at the top than the bottom, has a rough surface on the side, or indents on the side for your fingers.
I had similar issues with a madcatz rat 7, which is basically completely made of metal and weighs 132 g, which is quite a lot for a mouse. Add the pretty smooth surfaces and it is easy to understand why it tends to slip out of hand.

I assume the reason is that the space on their desk isn't wide enough to cross the entire desktop without having to reposition. Or simply the desire to have it's "idle position" in a specific area on the desk. Like in the middle of the mousepad.
May well be the situation and no disagreement.

The mouse slipping/being dropped is a result of the mouse being picked up.

The need to pick up the mouse and move it seems, to me at least, to be the issue.

That said, I will wait for OP to respond with the reason(s).