MX300 still rules the earth ...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am fricking really upset now guys. I have had MX300 for more than two years now, so I thought that its time to upgrade to something "better", so I bought Live!Platinum 5.1 from Creative's store. Well, I am really upset about 200+ bucks throung away for something that even does not come close to produsing MP3 files as fricking awesome as MX300 does.

I am pissed at myself, I am pissed at Creative's advertisement machine, I am pissed, I am fricking upset, I am... it sucks, sucks big time. Basses are stinking dont go below mid range, trebles are so much quieter, the music feels empty, yak, suck, Creative bought out bestest there was ever made and did not give anything instead... sucks

That is my stinking experience guys, I am very, very upset... sigh

K7 + KT7 + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:

G

>> I am fricking really upset now guys. I have had MX300 for more than two years now, so I thought that its time to upgrade to something "better", so I bought Live!Platinum 5.1 from Creative's store. Well, I am really upset about 200+ bucks throung away for something that even does not come close to produsing MP3 files as fricking awesome as MX300 does.
>>

Ummm...why did you buy it direct from creative when a multitude of stores online have it for $20-30 less incl. shipping? And how exactly can a sound card HAVE ANY BEARING AT ALL on MP3 encoding? Hell, you can encode MP3's with no sound card at all! That's totally a CD-ROM drive (ripping) + MP3 encoding software issue.

>>
it sucks, sucks big time. Basses are stinking dont go below mid range, trebles are so much quieter, the music feels empty, yak, suck, Creative bought out bestest there was ever made and did not give anything instead... sucks
>>

Um, what kind of system are you exactly using with this card? If you are NOT using all of the 5.1 outputs (and that means three cables hooked up to the back (for analog)), and you have bass redirection enabled in the surround mixer, then you will get little to _no_ bass out of the card. Your accusation of "empty sound" and "quiet trebles" is a load of bull. The Platinum! 5.1 uses the same EMU10K1 as every other Live! does and ALL SB Lives! have excellent sound quality. Period.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Hell, you can encode MP3's with no sound card at all! That's totally a CD-ROM drive (ripping) + MP3 encoding software issue."

I am not encoding, I am listening through WinAmp. Period.

"Um, what kind of system are you exactly using with this card?" - Read my signature :eek:>

"If you are NOT using all of the 5.1 outputs" - I am not using 5.1, I have MS Sound 80 which still kicks arss with 80 watt power (even with 2.1 setup)

"then you will get little to _no_ bass out of the card" - Then why do they say it "true to life exprerience" if there is no bass.

"have excellent sound quality. Period" - Sorry, I have my own experience now, it sounds ok, just like my other AW64 card in games if not using EAX wich SUX.

With EAX sounds like in an empty barrel, plus sound gets distorted all the time in games.

I cant play UT if there are no soul ripping deep bass. In order to get some, I have to start their mixer and crank it up all the way and keep it running (and still it does not give all the bass that MX300 gives on the same speakers). With MX300 I dont do that, I just adjust eqalizer, and clole it, it is in hardware. So it is much fricking better in all applications. Perioded... hehe

K7 + KT7 + Live! + VooDoo3000 = :redface:

G

"then you will get little to _no_ bass out of the card" -
>>
Then why do they say it "true to life exprerience" if there is no bass
>>

Read what I said: Make sure you have bass redirection DISABLED in the surround mixer if you do not use a 5.1 system. What bass redirection does is take all bass from the the other 5 channels and puts it out the ".1" channel for use with a dedicated subwoofer. Since your sub is tied in with your 2 speaker system, you don't want it enabled since it takes the bass out of the plain stereo signal you have. go to Surround Mixer >> Speaker >> Advanced and make sure Bass redirection is turned _off_. This is the only thing I could possibly result in your "no bass" problem.

>>
With EAX sounds like in an empty barrel, plus sound gets distorted all the time in games.
>>

AFAIK, EAX is meant for use in 4-speaker or 5.1-speaker setups and is simply not designed for use in a 2-speaker setup. I'm not surprised you're experiencing subpar EAX performance.

And to tell the truth, the Platinum 5.1 is wasted on a two speaker setup. Why on earth did you buy such a card and not have the sound system to back it up with? You would have gotten the same functionality minus the live drive with the SB Live! Value for a LOT less money.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"And to tell the truth, the Platinum 5.1 is wasted on a two speaker setup. Why on earth did you buy such a card and not have the sound system to back it up with? You would have gotten the same functionality minus the live drive with the SB Live! Value for a LOT less money."

What do you mean its a waste, they have 2 speaker setting, if it not the case, then its a false advertizement. Plus I am using my receiver (5.1 by the way) to have all the stuff as far as speakers go, but MX300 4 speakers setup still produces reacher sound than 5.1 with Live!

Anyway, I am returning the thing now, I cant stand scrolling commercial at the buttom of the screen when Remote Center is used.

"You would have gotten the same functionality minus the live drive with the SB Live! Value for a LOT less money"

Remote control! That is basically why I bought the Platinum, so I can lay on the couch, get lazy and just watch the pictures flowing while the music is playing, but when I saw the "visit our www.creative.com site" thing, I was killed by the igrorence to the customers they have.

Oh well... sigh

K7 + KT7 + Live! + VooDoo3000 = :redface:

TRENDING THREADS