Question MX500 not working after 2 weeks

Joe the meek

Honorable
Jan 18, 2017
Hi All

I got a MX500 2.5" SSD and installed windows 10 on it. The SSD worked fine but my wife asked me to download her pictures on it. I downloaded her I5 phones photo's and the SSD crashed. I tested it and it did not show anymore so I used a SSHD I had spare and put that in downloaded OS and it worked fine. I plugged the SSD external but it did not show so I went to partition hard drives and it didn't show there so put it in my G2020 USFF and tested it but the drive is totally dead. I can send it back for a refund but i want to be 100% sure that the drive is dead as a few pictures will be lost otherwise as my wife selected the delete as download option as she was low on storage.

Kind regards

Joe the meek

Honorable
Jan 18, 2017
Have you tried to "power cycle" your SSD?
  1. Open your PC and remove the SATA data connection from your SSD, but leave the power in.
  2. Turn on your PC and leave it idling for 30-60 minutes.
  3. Turn off your PC and remove unplug the power from the SSD for at least 30 seconds.
Hi thanks for your reply. I have tried power cycle for 3 days now and also via USB on a different PC and installed it as primary drive on an old USFF but its not recognised on any of them.