[SOLVED] MXL Mic not working properly

Nov 7, 2019
So today i've been installing my MXL 990 microphone condenser, and im having some issues with the input sound being quiet.

I'm using a Neewer phantom power source 48V and connected to my PC via XLR - USB cable.

Sound settings all appear as if it should come across louder but while on discord my friends are telling me that im very quiet

Solution
If it's defective or has an off switch that you missed, it might be putting out nothing. Please verify with a meter if you can; otherwise I would test the mic on someone else's system , if you know someone with an xlr setup already. Otherwise I would warranty the mic.
Nov 7, 2019
Try running thru the speech recognition app; that should set your levels if you haven't done that.
I have tried this but it doesn't change anything, in audio devices/microphone properties the levels are set to 100%/+23.9 dB.

It seems the problem is more with the sensitivity of the mic as i need to be quite close for it to pick me up

popatim

Titan
If it's defective or has an off switch that you missed, it might be putting out nothing. Please verify with a meter if you can; otherwise I would test the mic on someone else's system , if you know someone with an xlr setup already. Otherwise I would warranty the mic.

Solution