Build Advice My 1st Build, could use advice

Whit3Tig3R

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Hello, decided it's about time I built my own budget PC with some RGB extravaganza.
Warning - This is my first time building a PC from scratch, have only ever swapped gpu's in a prebuilt machine
I will list all the components that I have decided to buy or have bought with questions to corresponding part that I need some advice/suggestion about.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Lists supported RAM speeds from 2667 MHz and UP as OC(Overlocked), what happens if I stick in 3000 MHz or 3200 MHz RAM in before overclocking or it does it automatically?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Gaming X 6GB GDDR5 (bought, press F for bottlenecks on FX machine)
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 3000MHz CL16, G.SKILL RipJawsV Series 3000MHz CL14 or CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO BLACK 3200MHZ CL16 (all of these are 2x8GB)

Which one of these 3 would be better? I tried to do research about CAS latency but I didn't get far, these 3 have about 5$ difference where i'm at

CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360 RGB
I need a cooler that supports am3 and am4 socket, because before finishing this build i'm going to install it on FX machine and once im done buying the parts
i'll put it on the Ryzen, is this good cooler for overclocking or are there better(up to ~120$)?

SSD/HDD: Suggestions welcome
In mobo specifications it lists that it doesn't have SATA 1/2 ports does this mean I can't connect my old brick of a hdd to it, only ssd?
M.2 what is this beast and which is better?

PSU: Suggestions welcome
Taking into account all these parts how powerful PSU I should buy?

Case: COOLER MASTER H500P

Thank you in advance

Hm.... I'll touch on only a couple of things. I'm sure others can be more complete.

RAM: the speed above stock is technically an overclock, though XMP profiles will allow it to run at the advertised speeds for the most part. Without using XMP then the highest stock speed available.

Drives: Not quite sure of the "1/2" you have there. Depending on how old the HDD is it may or may not be possible to connect it to the motherboard, though I am thinking of really old HDDs which had the PATA cable than the more recent SATA cables. M.2 is a form factor like 3.5" drives. Depending on the M.2 SSD it will either go through a PCIe lane or use a SATA connection.