My 1st gaming pc build

Saints73

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Im building my first gaming pc and i would like ask you guys if theres any problems or incompatibility with the parts that i chose. I would also like some suggestions for alternative parts/brands. Thank you

Chipset:
Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard:
ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

GPU:
Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

PSU:
Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case:
Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case

Storage:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Optical Drive:
Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer

Monitor:
Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor

ill be using windows 8.1 for my OS as well.

cheers!

Solution
I really like the build in general. The only change I would make would be to get you a better graphics card. For today's games like BF4 or Watchdogs, you would not be able to sustain a consistent 60FPS on ultra settings. You would need to turn some eye candy off. No big deal, but if you have the funds, look for at least a gtx 770.

I would even go so far as to say drop the SSD in order to get the better graphics card. SSDs decrease load times considerably, but they have no affect on FPS in games. They are a luxury item for a gaming machine, and I'd say a better graphics card is the priority. See what some others say.
I really like the build in general. The only change I would make would be to get you a better graphics card. For today's games like BF4 or Watchdogs, you would not be able to sustain a consistent 60FPS on ultra settings. You would need to turn some eye candy off. No big deal, but if you have the funds, look for at least a gtx 770.

I would even go so far as to say drop the SSD in order to get the better graphics card. SSDs decrease load times considerably, but they have no affect on FPS in games. They are a luxury item for a gaming machine, and I'd say a better graphics card is the priority. See what some others say.

Solution