My 1Tb Seagate external hard drive cannot be detected and tbe light isnt working either

Jun 21, 2018
I used this hard drive a few days ago and it has no problem. but since a while ago. when i plug it in my window/s 7/ my latop. i cant seem to get it to work anymore. i notice that it has blink once but after that it doesnt blink again. and the light isnt working. i can still feel though that my 1tb seagate external hard drive is working when i plugged it on my mac/ windows.

Anyone have a solution to ths sort of problem? i had this drive for about a year now. and my mother gave it to me last year. note: it didnt even fall or anything by means the external drive..

May 8, 2018
Have you tried to use the drive on another usb port on your laptop or have you tried another cable that maybe the issue as well... dose the drive show up in disk management

Jun 21, 2018
I already did those things you've said.. The port is fine and My laptop is fine and the cable is fine... My laptop can detect other external drive... Except for Mine.. And the lights of My External drive is Off.. And i can still feel that it still working

TRENDING THREADS