Question My 3060 performs terribly under expectations, and there are other weird problems I've noticed too.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 23, 2022
First off all, the model is EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC BLACK GAMING, 12G-P5-3655-KR, 12GB GDDR6, Dual-Fan. With no overclock, this gpu performs 85% bench on userbenchmark. With +150 on core and +750 on memory, it performs 91%, which is still terrible compared to other 3060s. +225 on core and +1250 on memory it performs 94.3%. (According to userbenchmark, the average 3060 performs 98%) By the way, I've tried the benchmarking app called NovaBench, and it said my gpu was in the 3rd percentile and performed horribly. I tried underclocking, but that obviously only lowered the gpu's performance. A weird problem I noticed is that I average 110 frames on apex legends on all low settings. My cpu is an i5-10600k, so that definitely isnt the bottleneck, and it performs well according to userbenchmark. I have 2x8gb 3600mhz cl18 ram. My PSU is be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W CM, 80 PLUS Gold. Also, my gpu is at 95% usage when it is at 110 frames all low settings, which is weird. Once i turn it to all high, it only goes down by 15 frames. For reference, I should be getting 180-220 or more frames on apex legends with these specs and all low settings according to benchmarks i found on youtube. The thing that doesnt add up is, even though my gpu performs under expectations compared to other 3060s, i should still be getting way more frames. I have the latest nvidia driver. I tried reseating the gpu and dusting the gpu socket and the gpu, but it didnt help. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

KyaraM

Admirable
Kinda surprised that an x16 card fit in the x4 slot, they usually aren't open ended. Some boards will have the x1 slot open ended but not heard about the x4 slot.
I have a board like that in my old system, too. Thankfully, because for some reason, the 16x slot wouldn't take my GPU though it was fine with my new system. Didn't ever see much difference in the games I play Thankfully.