Question my 3090 FE is underperfroming =[

Jul 1, 2022
i recemntly bought a 3090 fe second hand . it seems to run games fine but compared to a handful of benchmarks i have seen on youtube its does not get the frames it should . . i have done so many things to correct the propblem including change my battery perfomance to high . made sure my ram is in xmp .my gpu is inserted correctly , i have two seperate pins from the psu going into the gpu , ran a fresh install of windows , used ddu to uninstall old drivers ,installed a clean version of nvidia drivers , updated my amd drivers , and a few more things which i cant rememebr off the top of my head ,basically everything i could research ive tried.

heres my specs ;

msi b550 carbon gaming wifi motherboard
3090 rtx FE
5900x amd cpu
corsair
corsair vengance 16gb x2 3600mhz
icue h150i rgb pro liquid cooler for cpu
rm850x psu 80+ gold
corsair 5000x case

heres my 3d mark timespy benchmark.. please can someone help =[

View: https://imgur.com/a/SJ0SXl6

Jul 1, 2022
Seems about right for a stock card.

Other scores are likely to be overclocked, manual and factory, with custom coolers. The FE cooler is alright, but it is not the best out there.
most of the benchmarks i see is from stock 3090 fe cards which acheive 1900.20,00 gpu score.
im only getting 130/145 fps on vangaurd on ultra settings 1440p . that is not right surely

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You are at 18443 now. 500 points can be as simple as taking your power slider and raising it to max, which is what people who are posting 3D Mark scores are likely to do. Look at the clock speeds those scores were achieved with. If you aren't boosting to above 2000Mhz, that is the difference.

Jul 1, 2022
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the gpu, nor is it 'underperforming'; Vrel and Vop are further proof of that.
Look elsewhere, like in-game settings, or closing unneeded background stuff.
im getting 130 frames on ultra 1440p on call of duty vangaurd . that is not right ,surely not. every video i see there averaging 180/90 easy

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
im getting 130 frames on ultra 1440p on call of duty vangaurd . that is not right ,surely not. every video i see there averaging 180/90 easy
And are they sharing what they did to get that?
These folks seldom or never post poor benchmarks. They're going to be videos of the top 10% or something like that.

Something many don't get:
the cpu + ram = fps
the gpu fps = what the cpu + ram deliver to it + eyecandy resolution and other settings

The gpu is the last part of the fps pipeline. It can't go any faster than what the workers before it can send to it. This is often overlooked, causing blame to go to the gpu for low performance.

Reactions: dotas1
Dec 17, 2021
Have you gone into MSI afterburner and applied and overclock to the card. On top of that are you sure you're a ram is running at the 3600 mhz and xmp is enabled. Also did you going to Nvidia control panel and maximize those settings by making sure that prefer maximum performance is on. And then go into your PSU settings on your computer and make sure you're at maximum PSU settings.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Running UBM at 1% background is certainly as good a result as you are going to get from that app, and is indicative that OP took the time to turn things off before running.

The FE is a stock card running reference settings. All of the partner cards are typically going to be tuned from that performance as reasoning for charging higher prices for the specific feature or performance.

Jul 1, 2022
Have you gone into MSI afterburner and applied and overclock to the card. On top of that are you sure you're a ram is running at the 3600 mhz and xmp is enabled. Also did you going to Nvidia control panel and maximize those settings by making sure that prefer maximum performance is on. And then go into your PSU settings on your computer and make sure you're at maximum PSU settings.
yes , didnt make to much of a differrence , got the clock core in afterburner up 200+ and the memory 1000+ still no real improvement. also ive done everything u stated as thats the info u see on most youtube videos . i also changed the settings in call of duty to high from ultra and dont see much fps increase ,surely 1440p on high or ultra should struggle to get 130 /140 frames. i just know it aint right

Jul 1, 2022
yes , didnt make to much of a differrence , got the clock core in afterburner up 200+ and the memory 1000+ still no real improvement. also ive done everything u stated as thats the info u see on most youtube videos . i also changed the settings in call of duty to high from ultra and dont see much fps increase ,surely 1440p on high or ultra should struggle to get 130 /140 frames. i just know it aint right
Also is your ram installed in slots 1&3 or 2&4
its installed in 2 and 4

Jul 1, 2022
i will try ,but just thought on ultra or high settings i should be achieving more then 130/140 .maybe ive just overestimated the card i got, but i thought i could max any game 1440 and not worry about achieving just over 100=fps . its not just cod i have "standerd" results on
do u play cod /warzone. if so what fps do u get ?

D

Deleted member 362816

i will try ,but just thought on ultra or high settings i should be achieving more then 130/140 .maybe ive just overestimated the card i got, but i thought i could max any game 1440 and not worry about achieving just over 100=fps . its not just cod i have "standerd" results on

With a 11700k and a rx 6800 I have no issues getting 100+ fps in all the games I play at 1440P, I get 165 FPS with ultra settings 100% resolution scale in Warzone.