Question my 3090 FE is underperfroming =[

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 1, 2022
i recemntly bought a 3090 fe second hand . it seems to run games fine but compared to a handful of benchmarks i have seen on youtube its does not get the frames it should . . i have done so many things to correct the propblem including change my battery perfomance to high . made sure my ram is in xmp .my gpu is inserted correctly , i have two seperate pins from the psu going into the gpu , ran a fresh install of windows , used ddu to uninstall old drivers ,installed a clean version of nvidia drivers , updated my amd drivers , and a few more things which i cant rememebr off the top of my head ,basically everything i could research ive tried.

heres my specs ;

msi b550 carbon gaming wifi motherboard
3090 rtx FE
5900x amd cpu
corsair
corsair vengance 16gb x2 3600mhz
icue h150i rgb pro liquid cooler for cpu
rm850x psu 80+ gold
corsair 5000x case

heres my 3d mark timespy benchmark.. please can someone help =[

View: https://imgur.com/a/SJ0SXl6

Jul 1, 2022
With a 11700k and a rx 6800 I have no issues getting 100+ fps in all the games I play at 1440P, I get 165 FPS with ultra settings 100% resolution scale in Warzone.
With a 11700k and a rx 6800 I have no issues getting 100+ fps in all the games I play at 1440P, I get 165 FPS with ultra settings 100% resolution scale in Warzone.
exactly my point!!! im currently on warzone as i type getting 140 without dlss on ultra. this cannot be right

Jul 1, 2022
hi guys, just a quick update , i figured out what was holding back my fps. it was because half of my ram was cached by default .it had 16gb out of 32gb cached, i watched a youtube vid and did a few things ,now it erases any cached memory every 5mins and now has gave me 40/50fps on warzone =] i feel complete now . thank you to everyone that tried to help me i appreciate it

D

Deleted member 362816

hi guys, just a quick update , i figured out what was holding back my fps. it was because half of my ram was cached by default .it had 16gb out of 32gb cached, i watched a youtube vid and did a few things ,now it erases any cached memory every 5mins and now has gave me 40/50fps on warzone =] i feel complete now . thank you to everyone that tried to help me i appreciate it

Please do elaborate on this.

Jul 1, 2022
because it was cached it wasn't accessing that memory to my understanding , so it was using half my ram for my operating system and also for the games which i think was giving less then full performance as it had to share 16gb with the op and the game.and becuase im running everything at ultra it needed more ram to perform as it should. initially i thought the problem was my ram and not the card, but i did all the checks ie, make sure its runnin on 3600mhz make sure its in xmp mode etc but all that was on the right setting. hope this can help others if they have the same problem. it took me weeks , near enough all the troubleshooting i could find on the net had no info on this.it was only untill i was randomly looking on task manager that i realised half my memory shouldnt be cached, i thought it was normal as i have seen that high number cached plenty of times.but with a quick google search i realized this was not normal

D

Deleted member 362816

because it was cached it wasn't accessing that memory to my understanding , so it was using half my ram for my operating system and also for the games which i think was giving less then full performance as it had to share 16gb with the op and the game.and becuase im running everything at ultra it needed more ram to perform as it should. initially i thought the problem was my ram and not the card, but i did all the checks ie, make sure its runnin on 3600mhz make sure its in xmp mode etc but all that was on the right setting. hope this can help others if they have the same problem. it took me weeks , near enough all the troubleshooting i could find on the net had no info on this.it was only untill i was randomly looking on task manager that i realised half my memory shouldnt be cached, i thought it was normal as i have seen that high number cached plenty of times.but with a quick google search i realized this was not normal

Interesting, I see 18GB on mine. But I am not having any performance issues at least not GPU related. Good to know though.

D

Deleted member 362816

tbh ive researched more into it and supposedly people are saying its better to have alot of ur ram cached. but soon as i cleared it i booted up my game and i was seeing a difference straight away, its deffo helped my system .

Yeah it's weird I ran the program went from 18gb down to 659mb and it killed my in game performance. But if it works for you then I would keep doing it. I also am not running a RTX 3090 though, 3070 Here.