[SOLVED] My 3600x on my Asus Tuf Wifi X570 Plus refuses to deep sleep/c6 state residency any cores!

Tmansdc

Reputable
Jun 9, 2017
I have a 3600x on an Asus tuf wifi x570. I have the latest 3001 Bios from two weeks ago and the newest amd chipset drivers from October.

Prior to yesterday my cores would enter deep sleep just fine and my c6 residency was always up there. According to HWINFO prior to this my cpu package power wattage would get as low as 13.5 watts. However since even before the Bios and chipset update I get 24.8 watts at the lowest. I tried installing AI Suite III 3.00.69 for the fan control and I think this is what messed it up. I uninstalled and blocked all the asus services from starting up and I'm not sure. Plus the lowest idle temps even with everything closed is about 40 degrees. I used to get down to about 34.

C-6 residency and package residency is constantly at 0%. C0 and C1 work alright but never hits c-6!

So I updated my bios and chipset drivers and no change. However my temperatures have evened out on the tctl/tdie which I am more than happy about. Before it would cool off 1.5 to 2 degrees celsius every second for like five seconds and then ramp up about 10 degrees celsius. Rinse and repeat.

Anyways still no change. Did AI Suite III ruin something? Is there something I need to disable?

I'm using sz balanced Ryzen v4 for power plan, all the settings my bios had (no cool/quiet or global c-states but everything else is set according to the preferred settings of that plan's website download page), all bios settings on Auto except for D.O.C.P. which is set the 3200mhz cl 16-18-18-39 32gb 2x16. Every other option in bios is on "auto".

What can I do? Thank you very much!

Solution
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/2aJfhzh

I've also noticed that the lowest voltage they'll get to now is 1.106V. They used to go down to 1.075V or something like that prior to this and even down as low as 0.200V sometimes. So now I am even more puzzled.
I have a 3600x on an Asus tuf wifi x570. I have the latest 3001 Bios from two weeks ago and the newest amd chipset drivers from October.

Prior to yesterday my cores would enter deep sleep just fine and my c6 residency was always up there. According to HWINFO prior to this my cpu package power wattage would get as low as 13.5 watts. However since even before the Bios and chipset update I get 24.8 watts at the lowest. I tried installing...
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/2aJfhzh

I've also noticed that the lowest voltage they'll get to now is 1.106V. They used to go down to 1.075V or something like that prior to this and even down as low as 0.200V sometimes. So now I am even more puzzled.

Prior to yesterday my cores would enter deep sleep just fine and my c6 residency was always up there. According to HWINFO prior to this my cpu package power wattage would get as low as 13.5 watts. However since even before the Bios and chipset update I get 24.8 watts at the lowest. I tried installing AI Suite III 3.00.69 for the fan control and I think this is what messed it up. I uninstalled and blocked all the asus services from starting up and I'm not sure. Plus the lowest idle temps even with everything closed is about 40 degrees. I used to get down to about 34.

C-6 residency and package residency is constantly at 0%. C0 and C1 work alright but never hits c-6!

So I updated my bios and chipset drivers and no change. However my temperatures have evened out on the tctl/tdie which I am more than happy about. Before it would cool off 1.5 to 2 degrees celsius every second for like five seconds and then ramp up about 10 degrees celsius. Rinse and repeat.

Anyways still no change. Did AI Suite III ruin something? Is there something I need to disable?

I'm using sz balanced Ryzen v4 for power plan, all the settings my bios had (no cool/quiet or global c-states but everything else is set according to the preferred settings of that plan's website download page), all bios settings on Auto except for D.O.C.P. which is set the 3200mhz cl 16-18-18-39 32gb 2x16. Every other option in bios is on "auto".

What can I do? Thank you very much!
Check BIOS settings for something called Advanced or Global C States and make sure it's enabled.

Also check your power plans and make sure the Ryzen Balanced power plan is selected and that the Minimum Processor State is at 99% and the Maximum Processor State is at 100%.

Solution