[SOLVED] My 4 year old gaming pc now not turning on blow 230 watt power supply.

Jul 5, 2020
I have AMD 8350 processor, msi 1050ti GPU, 16 GB ram..and corsair 650 watt SMPS.
I am using this pc since last 4 year. Now now it's not turing on below 230 watt power.. and also turn off if the power go down to 230 watt. before that it was working file in 170-220 watt. Also now it's not turning on in inverter .. taking so much load.
I show to local computer's mechanic.. he said there is no fault in it . Because power supply is more then 230 in his shop..

Now why it is not turning on at 220 power.. and not turing on in inverter.. taking so
much load

Solution
Sorry, it's 230 volts. And SMPS is Corsair VS 650

And when I start my pc my home power also start flicker..but cpu get restart before bios option display..

Ok. That's the problem. The old VS isn't made to support voltages below 200V. If the mains drops to under 200V, it shuts off. The shop isn't going to see the issue if their voltage is stable at 200V+.

You need a better PSU. Better quality PSUs can handle voltage drops all the way down to 90V without even blinking (if PSUs could blink).

The way you know is to look at the PSU's label.

The part of the label you need to look at is where it says "AC Input". Most PSUs say "100V - 240V" here. But some cheaper PSUs, like the old VS, say "200 - 240V". Some of these PSUs...
Sorry, it's 230 volts. And SMPS is Corsair VS 650

And when I start my pc my home power also start flicker..but cpu get restart before bios option display..

Ok. That's the problem. The old VS isn't made to support voltages below 200V. If the mains drops to under 200V, it shuts off. The shop isn't going to see the issue if their voltage is stable at 200V+.

You need a better PSU. Better quality PSUs can handle voltage drops all the way down to 90V without even blinking (if PSUs could blink).

The part of the label you need to look at is where it says "AC Input". Most PSUs say "100V - 240V" here. But some cheaper PSUs, like the old VS, say "200 - 240V". Some of these PSUs actually put "230V" in their model name. For example, the "Cooler Master MWE V2" support down to 100V as long as it's not the "Cooler Master MWE 230V".

Understand?

Reactions: Karamchahar127
Solution
Jul 5, 2020
I got it.. I will try to new SMPS. I hope it should work..
I am using this SMPS from last 4 year.. but there would be some reason so it is not working below 200 volts.

I will check this and if getting same issue then come back to you. (^_^)
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020

The part of the label you need to look at is where it says "AC Input". Most PSUs say "100V - 240V" here. But some cheaper PSUs, like the old VS, say "200 - 240V". Some of these PSUs actually put "230V" in their model name. For example, the "Cooler Master MWE V2" support down to 100V as long as it's not the "Cooler Master MWE 230V".

Understand?
Would you please suggest me the best PSU for my PC in minimum price.

Please guide me with some product name which can work in 160 volt power supply also.