[SOLVED] My 4gb RX 580 doesn't work ?

P25

Jun 24, 2021
I NEED HELP. Some time ago I mounted a new computer with an RX 580 and an I5 10400f, I mounted it and I was playing for a few months. Then one day I tried to install a Hackintosh on another hard drive of that computer but something went wrong and stopped giving video, a friend we left a GTX 1650 SUPER and I saw that the files on the main hard drive were corrupted, so I formatted it and reinstalled Windows.

Once installed without the drivers I tested the RX 580 and it didn't work, then I put the 1650 with the NVIDIA drivers and it worked perfectly.
I decided to test the 580 with the drivers of the 1650 super and it worked.

I was playing perfectly without any errors with the 580 with the nvidia drivers for a few weeks and I returned the 1650 to my friend. Today I tried to install the AMD drivers and it stopped working. I tried to enter Windows in safe mode and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do, I hope we can help.

I translated this with the Google translator.

My PC Specs:
  • I5 10400F
  • MSI MAG B460 MORTAR
  • SAPPHIRE RX 580 4GB
  • Kingston A400 240GB
  • Segate Barracuda 1tb
  • Corsair vengance 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz
  • Corsair VS650

Reactions: atifsilal
Solution
The RX 580 will NOT work with NVIDIA drivers. Did you plug the aux power cables in to the GPU?
What happened is that Windows just installed basic AMD drivers for your video card, ignoring the installed NVIDIA ones. These Windows drivers are basic and lack advanced GPU features so they do not push your GPU as hard as the AMD drivers. It seems that your GPU may have a hardware issue but I would definitely test with a different/better PSU as well (as @rgd1101 said).
The RX 580 will NOT work with NVIDIA drivers. Did you plug the aux power cables in to the GPU?
What happened is that Windows just installed basic AMD drivers for your video card, ignoring the installed NVIDIA ones. These Windows drivers are basic and lack advanced GPU features so they do not push your GPU as hard as the AMD drivers. It seems that your GPU may have a hardware issue but I would definitely test with a different/better PSU as well (as @rgd1101 said).

Solution