[SOLVED] My 6600xt Gpu is underperforming

Apr 3, 2022
CPU: i5-8400
Motherboard: Z370P D3
Ram: 16GB (8x2) 2400mhz (I have new 16GB 3600mhz ram coming on the way)
SSD/HDD: 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD
GPU: 6600xt sapphire nitro+
PSU: Fortron Hexa+ 500 watt
Chassis: Some random 3 fan RGB case

My GPU is the only new part everything else is almost 3 to 4 years old.
I get lower frame rates than I should. I checked other threads and thought that my CPU might be the issue but when I went onto the bottlenecking calculators most sites said that my GPU is getting bottlenecked by 3 to 7 percent which is not that bad. I also made sure that my BIOS and drivers are all up to date. Nothing I did seemed to fix the issue.
(On some games my old 1050ti used to deliver more FPS.)

My UserBenchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51710111

Last edited:
Solution
Windows 7 had this funky thing that rated your pc. Out of a possible 8.0, it rated my pc as a 7.9, the 3770k was the best and fastest and perfect for any application. Very next day the i7-4770k was released, I was now at 5.9, my pc gave me a warning flag stating that it was under performance, too slow to run many apps, was hurting windows operation. Then it told me I needed to upgrade to the i5-4670 in order to fix my pc predicament.

Serious bunch of garbage. There was no way that chintzy non-oc i5 could ever think of trying to keep up with an i7-3770k overclocked to 5.0GHz.

Bottleneck calculators are garbage. Like a busted watch, they'll be right twice a day, but every other minute they'll be wrong. Period. They don't predict your...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows 7 had this funky thing that rated your pc. Out of a possible 8.0, it rated my pc as a 7.9, the 3770k was the best and fastest and perfect for any application. Very next day the i7-4770k was released, I was now at 5.9, my pc gave me a warning flag stating that it was under performance, too slow to run many apps, was hurting windows operation. Then it told me I needed to upgrade to the i5-4670 in order to fix my pc predicament.

Serious bunch of garbage. There was no way that chintzy non-oc i5 could ever think of trying to keep up with an i7-3770k overclocked to 5.0GHz.

Bottleneck calculators are garbage. Like a busted watch, they'll be right twice a day, but every other minute they'll be wrong. Period. They don't predict your gaming, have no idea about your setup and how it runs, the settings used, nothing.

Every game on the planet is lopsided, it's either gpu strong or cpu strong, there's no perfect sync. In some games the cpu will be under-utilized, in some games the gpu gets under-utilized and that also changes with resolution.

Don't rely on them, they are nothing more than paid advertising for whomever has stuff to sell you in upgrades.

Think of it this way, if a professional reviewer got 100 fps in a review, and you got 97fps on the same game, with an almost identical setup, you saw a 3% performance loss, bottlenecked in comparison. Now tell me you could ever hope to see that 3fps difference. It's physically impossible to anything but a computer generated benchmark.

Solution
Apr 3, 2022
bottlenecking calculatior is useless
what the game exact?
what the cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
game on the ssd? how full is the ssd?
ddu the nvidia driver before install amd driver?

Valorant, Csgo, apex, and elden ring. They are all installed on my HDD.
I also used DDU to completely reinstall my AMD drivers, and I even reset my pc twice to make sure that the issue isn't caused by any drivers.
My GPU temps are between 50 and 60 Celsius if stressed and my CPU is 60 to 65 Celsius.
In Csgo and Valorant, my CPU usage is 70 to 80% while GPU usage varies depending on the place in some maps, it can go from 40 to 80 percent.