My 6TB HDD isn't working?

AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv
So, I've been using my brand new computer for a couple of days now, and I haven't had many problems. I have had with my HDD though. Everything has been working fine, I have been using my SSD for the past days, but now I want to download my steam games, which won't fit on my SSD. The thing is that the HDD itself (Seagate S6000DM001) is connected properly, it even is detected by the computer, but it seems like it sometimes isn't? I don't know what to do about it. I wasn't even given the option to install windows on it (which I didn't want to do, but still odd). (I'm using Windows 10)

If anyone knows what could cause this or what I need to do to get it to work, I would seriously appreciate.

Solution
Ok so is the drive brand new and unformatted?

If so you need to go to Computer Management (just type it into the search bar), pick Storage and devices, then find the drive Right click on it and create a partition, then format it as well. Make sure you set the drive up as GPT not MBR so Windows can recognize the size.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ok so is the drive brand new and unformatted?

If so you need to go to Computer Management (just type it into the search bar), pick Storage and devices, then find the drive Right click on it and create a partition, then format it as well. Make sure you set the drive up as GPT not MBR so Windows can recognize the size.

Solution

AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv

I don't want to, I already have it installed on my ssd. :) I said it in the post already.

"I wasn't even given the option to install windows on it (which I didn't want to do, but still odd)."