[SOLVED] My 8700k idles at 90c what do I do?

Jan 17, 2021
Hi all. for the past couple of months, I have been noticing decreasing performance in my PC. I have an 8700k that is not overclocked and yet for some reason even with a liquid cooler I am idling at 90c. I have updated the motherboard bios, drivers, receded the CPU, and even purchased a new liquid cooler. All of which have not solved my issue. The PC is used strictly for light gaming and school work so why are the temps getting so out ragous? Really looking for some help.

Solution
for some reason even with a liquid cooler I am idling at 90c. I have purchased a new liquid cooler.
Either cooler has failed (dead pump, clogged cpu block) or
not installed properly (pump not connected, thermal paste not applied properly, protective film on cpu block not removed, cooler not properly secured).

Get your pc to a service center, so they check everything and install cpu cooler properly.
for some reason even with a liquid cooler I am idling at 90c. I have purchased a new liquid cooler.
Either cooler has failed (dead pump, clogged cpu block) or
not installed properly (pump not connected, thermal paste not applied properly, protective film on cpu block not removed, cooler not properly secured).

Get your pc to a service center, so they check everything and install cpu cooler properly.

Solution