My Acer Aspire E5-571-58U1 screen goes blank after trying to install new memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johantoors

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I have a Acer Aspire E5-571-58U1 which has a standard 4gb ddr3l memory. I've bought a Kingston 8gb 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 KVR16S11/8 204 PIN Laptop Memory.
After installing the 8gb with the 4gb still in its slot and then startup only the 4gb displays. When replacing the standard 4gb chip with the 8gb and try to startup the Laptop the power led goes on but nothing happens on the screen. If I take out the 8gb and put the 4gb back again everything is fine. How can I upgrade my Laptop memory if this keeps happening? If someone had the same problem and solved this issue please assist?

Solution
Laptops can be pretty picky when it comes to ram. You can't just grab any old stick of ram and expect it to work. Check the QVL for the laptop for...
Laptops can be pretty picky when it comes to ram. You can't just grab any old stick of ram and expect it to work. Check the QVL for the laptop for ram that is guaranteed to work, or go to Kingston's website and use their memory tool to recommend memory that will work with your laptop, and even then it might not work with your existing ram.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.